Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Had he pulled off the Caicedo deal, which I struggle beileve we went into without encouragment from his entourage, then he’d be lauded for the way we nicked a very good player from under their noses of Chelsea. Alongside the Mac and Sob deal, it would have been viewed as a strong summer of deals.

I personally think the Caicedo kerfuffle was not really his fault.

2 Likes

Reports on that were that Billy Hogan was doing the work on that - of course it’s all teamwork anyway.

1 Like

I was really trying to avoid saying it yesterday because the “where is the leadership” shit is such a boring cliche. But Hendo had shown repeatedly over the years in games he didn’t start that as soon as he came on things looked a lot more buttoned up. However, this isn’t about nebulous terms like leadership, but about employing a game plan that falls apart when there is only 1 person 1 or 2% off the pace.

1 Like

But if Chelsea really did want Lavia it doesn’t really matter if we’d bid £50m two weeks ago as Chelsea could have just done what they’ve done now which is bid higher.

I really do wonder how this is all working behind the scenes. We were led to belive a lot of the planning and assessments had been done by Ward and the team before Jorg arrived. We’ve also been told Klopp is more involved than ever before (and there’s some suggestion that might be why Ward left after less than a year). Mike Gordan is back from his sabbatical and he’s always been Jurgen’s point man and was apparently leading our Caicedo negotiations (or was it Hogan?).

So deciding who is to blame (or praise as there’s still time for us to turn this into a good window) is pretty difficult to pin down. But clearly going forward we need to get that structure and the right people back in place so we can continue with the smart and swift approach as opposed to getting embroiled in huge public bidding wars.

1 Like

I agree that we need to get the professional structure back behind the scenes. There is work for us to do there. Hard to know too many details, but it looks like there has been a bit of a brain drain and we don’t have quite the same focus and alignment.

The flip side of all of this is that transfer dealings have moved on again, now that there are more teams playing with unlimited funds and not being held to account.

Also, for some of these deals we are dealing with pigs rolling around in shit, and as I write that sentence I’m thinking about Caicedo’s people and Boehly too.

It strikes me as impossible to be in proximity without coming away stinking of shit.

1 Like

saints must be loving this now

I’m loving the fact they are in the championship even more

4 Likes

Anyway, true Keegan style, but I would love it, really love it, if we sign Lavia and he grows to be world class, at half the price of Caicedo.

We have a slight vulnerability on the experience, but hopefully we can mitigate that somewhat, with Thiago and the flexibility of Mac and Jones, while Lavia gets up to speed.

I remember watching the text page the day we “signed” Taribo West.
Then we didnt.

Only difference now is the pace of the information.

so chelsea need to go 60 million to match LFC is that correct?

Not again :roll_eyes: :pleading_face: :man_facepalming:

Now I hear Liverpool have AGREED a 60m pound fee for Lavia.

Will Lavia choose Liverpool or will he go to Chelsea because we played those transfer games and went in for Caicedo?

Anyone ever seen these two in the same room at the same time… Like as in some MI shit :0)

@IanDoyleSport via @TheRedmenTV

: Liverpool believe Romeo Lavia will join Chelsea. 🇧🇪

Makes sense seeing as fee agreed but no medical booked. As I said, I dont blame him weve fucked him about.

1 Like

Surely we went in for Caicedo because Chelsea went in for Lavia first.It wasn’t us that started the Transfer Games.

Were they talking to Liverpool and Liverpool gave that indication?
Or are they fucking guessing like everyone else. Not having a go at you @Walshy07 , just at all this dreary ITK shite.

Sooner the better the fucking window is nailed shut.

1 Like

Actually Ian Doyle says that as far as he is aware LFC haven’t bid £60m for Lavia as he is off to Chelsea.

Ian Doyle was on the Redmen TV channel giving an interview.

1 Like

Fire hazard, probably.

1 Like

Real Madrid?