Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

I’ve been seeing that since late last week. Will be interesting to see if that is really happening now. Does that bring them up to 10 first team forwards now?

What was the point in him tweeting that? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Engagement. Got to get them clicks somehow.

1 Like

News just in! Liverpool are understood to be very keen on signing Rodri. However as it stands neither the player or Man City have any interest in doing a deal. This one expected to develop slowly.

1 Like

so as to get more reactions from lfc fans… we do drive ad revenue after all

this!!

If there was a better option?

Few weeks ago nobody thought much about Lavia. Today there are no better options?

You just made my point!!

We haven’t though.

That’s not true. The view on Lavia depends on whether you think he is ready to start now as our primary defensive player in midfield or is more one for the longer term. I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone say they didn’t think much of Lavia.

Think the view was a few weeks ago Lavia was in no way shape or form worth £50 million , and far as I know that may still be the case , except it’s now £60 million :joy:

1 Like

At the time the season ended and the transfer season started, nobody thought much about Lavia. I mean nobody!

Today peeps are suggesting there’s nobody better!

Some hold that view but not everyone, but whether you think he is worth that or not very much depends on your view of the club’s needs, the structure of the deal, the current market and the player’s expected trajectory as a player.

Ah so that was the hold up. Contrary to reports, we had been bidding 60m but Soton wanted 50m. Now Soton finally gave in and decided to accept 60m.

I think there are some people on this forum forgetting the No.1 rule. I am right and you’re all wrong.

I know this to be true as it is on the internet and as we all know, enything you read on the internet is always 100% correct :wink:

1 Like

The view that counts in all honesty is that of the clubs, but even then , in no way is a 19 year old worth a transfer fee of £50 million +…only clubs like city get excited by the likes of that, for £50 million plus LFC could scout the whole planet and find cheaper better alternatives imo.

1 Like

@Sweeting @Speckydodge endorsed that message.

In the words of the critically thinking anti-vaxxer - do your research bro

I don’t think that is true. I remember his name cropping up towards the end of last season and into the summer.

I know @sweeting has talked about him in the past as being a potentially Bellingham level talent given time. Both he and @ILLOK were backing him once his name started being linked as a sensible signing if someone like Caicedo was going to be unavailable.

1 Like

Which player bought from outside Europe made an impact with a leading European club? Just curious.

Lucas Leiva :heart_eyes:

That was 20 years ago. Anyone in last 5-6 years?