Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

And this is the evidence?
You cannot be serious! Random names are dropped here all the time. My point is that there was never any wide acclaim for the player, because most of us here never thought much about him…

No, you’re right, that is not evidence of me ‘thinking’ about him.

My apologies.

Quite interesting in how you “predicted” carvalho going on loan ( I know some could see it happening)…but the call on Lavia and bajcetic is interesting in that it gives options.

Messi did alright.

Our recruitment team should be fired. We could have had him a few weeks ago for £50m only to pay £60m now. We could have just believed in Lavia and signed him for what Southampton was asking for. Amateurish stuff. I wish we had Michael Edwards on the negotiating table.

Doing alright now ain’t he , read the other day he’s already inter Miami’s 4th top scorer of all time apparently.

We don’t know what the club thinks. You seem to have trouble separating what a few blokes on this website think from what the recruitment guys at LFC think.

1 Like

Hmmm, I don’t think that proves anything mate. Three weeks ago the club thought he was worth about £40m. Since then I don’t think there’s been a slew of defensive midfielders moving that we’re all devastated to be missing out on so I guess now Caicedo is definitely not an option Lavia remains the next best.

The fact you’ve opted not to provide a single name of someone outside of England that we should be going for instead is perhaps far more telling.

1 Like

Schmadtke/Hogan made a bet on Caicedo, and when he refused them, Southampton had them by the balls knowing that they were desperate.

They never should have approached Brighton on Caicedo until they had personal terms agreed.

Not sure you’ve been paying attention to my posts. I have mentioned Martin Zubimendi again and again…to name one

Wouldn’t have made a difference - Chelsea would have still offered more and got the player.

Andre might be a tenacious type for us to consider, but it’s tough to know how form in South America might translate directly to the Prem.

I hope we close a deal for Lavia, but we will now pay a lot more, both on the fee, and wages, as I’m sure he now knows what Chelsea would have paid him.

Then again, Zubimendi looks to be a player, and I’d be happy with him.

It will be careless in the extreme if we don’t plug this obvious gap before the window closes. I think we will do something.

You don’t really know that for sure…

We want at least…

Angry Manchester City GIF by DAZN

and preferably…

Happy Champions League GIF by Liverpool FC

Not if they already had personal terms agreed. Brighton would have had no reason to entertain more bids.

The only reason why Chelsea was able to get this done is because Caicedo didn’t have an agreement with Liverpool and that left Chelsea with room to maneuver. And if Liverpool thought Chelsea was going to outbid them no matter what in terms of a contract, then they never should have entered the bidding.

Many years ago, and he went into the academy.

If the Chav’s buy Lavia, it will be cos they offer double the wages than we would have done. According to TIA article, Enzo is on £315,000 a week. Caicedo will be near that. Mo is our top earner on £350 grand a week by some distance.

Here’s your answer. They got it done by offering a King’s ransom in wages.

1 Like

But Chelsea would have been aware of our attempts to agree terms and simply offered more, so we wouldn’t have an agreement.

It’s an unusual situation for us as we almost always get a deal with the player lined up first - but it looks like this was an opportunistic move where we got a bid in by Brighton’s deadline and looked to agree a deal with the player on the basis Chelsea weren’t coming back in for him at price Brighton wanted.

Did you mean immediate impact?

There’s the Man City attacker for one. Several at Madrid…

Chelsea are funding this Caicedo deal to the tune of £240 million quid. Let that sink in. For a 21 year old.

1 Like