Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Well, Billy Hogan apparently led the Caicedo one. Even if Jorg is leading it, we don’t know whether any of this is down to his decisions or being told to do it.

1 Like

Again though, you have no idea who they’ve assessed, considered and eliminated from consideration. As I pointed out, the one name you’ve come up with so far is a very different type of player from Lavia and Caicedo which suggests that it’s not just a positional need but a specific type of player in that position. If they grew on tress then they wouldn’t be going for £115m.

I mean this is utter nonsense. If we we’d been chasing Florentino Luís from Benfica and Ugarte from Sporting would you have been concerned we were too Portuguese centric?

Think this is called ‘Bantz’ these days lfti… Get with the programme will ya :0)

What ever happened to Gavi?

I mean he has a release clause , but I dont think I’ll mention that part😂

But we are not chasing the two Portuguese. And we are ALWAYS looking for specific players, not just in this instance.

Again, this is a global game with players who fit any kind of profile…

You appear to be over interpreting our position based on a very small amount of information.

All we know for definite is that we bid on Caicedo.

We have credible reports, but an odd lack of movement, over our supposed interest in Lavia. But we 1) dont know how legit this is, 2) if it is legit, whether it was as an alternative or in addition to Caicedo, 3) what else we are doing elsewhere that isnt being leaked by clubs with an interest in some information about interest being public.

If we follow up to our loss of Caicedo with bids for players like Palinha (Fulham) or Souceck (WH) then we’d be getting into the territory of questioning our inward focus on our targets. But how many other mids have we been linked with already this summer who dont play in the Prem? Why is there reason to assume this is how are approaching the situation and criticizing it?

I don’t know what it is with Liverpool dealings with Soton, but we seem to trip over ourselves, trying to be cute with them. This is different to what happened with the Virgil deal, but it was another instance where we ended up having to pay a hefty fee ‘penalty’ with out dealings.

2 Likes

Yes, but that reasoning for 1 case could be used every single time to prove a point.

We only paid £1 million, why are we so tight? We’re not, we paid £70 million for the last player. I’m talking about this particular instance now.

We haven’t paid anything yet. It isn’t even clear whether the club have submitted another bid let alone how it differs.

Which is why the discussion is about this ONE case!

So if we were chasing two players in Portugal it wouldn’t be a problem but two players in England is?

Yes it’s a global game. The club have access to data and coverage on any player in the game. Clearly they’ve come to the conclusion that these are the two best options. Not the best options in England, just the best options.

You might prefer someone else who doesn’t play in England but the one name you’ve provided shows you don’t have much of a clue about the type of player they are currently after. Maybe then it is your lack of understanding that is the issue and not the clubs scouting.

I don’t want to linger on this too much but anyone who had saw him knew he was a top talent. I said this back in my season ‘Ones to Watch’ season preview…
“I had planned to have Lavia as a one to watch for Manchester City but the young Belgian followed his teammate Gavin Bazunu (as well as Samuel Edozie and Juan Larios) from the Etihad to St Mary’s. Lavia is a phenomenal talent - he played twice for Man City last season but his flawless form at U23 level probably deserved more. He is robust in the challenge, stylish on the ball and very calm in possession. Just as likely to dribble the ball through a defence as he is to destroy an opposition attack - the former Anderlecht man will develop into one of the premier defensive midfielders in the league if he is given the right guidance and patience.”

Because that IS how we are approaching the situation thus far. It is exactly how…

Oh ok. Then you are correct. We are very EPL focussed as a club.

Next discussion: Why are Liverpool obsessed with only owning 1 stadium?

That’s NOT what I said…

I realize that we haven’t paid anything yet, but the fact that Liverpool pricked around with insulting bids, and now the asking price is above the 50 million touted to get the job done; being cute agian.

Because it’s the only football stadium worth owning .

2 Likes

It’s not, we’ve signed someone from Germany this window and reportedly had talks with a club in Brazil over signing one of their players…

Aboslute masterpiece of negotiations from the club. Our first offer was 37 mln. pounds, they said we needed to pay 50 mln. Then we bid 43 mln. pounds, Southampton said again they want 50 mln. Some of us here wrote that maybe it will be best to offer what Saints want. Our next offer was 46 mln. pounds and it was rejected once again. And now we bid 60 mln. pounds, 10 mln. more than what Southampton wanted :).

That is total panic from the recruitment team, kick Schamdtke out of our club at the end of the summer transfer window. And the lack of a competent sporting director to support Klopp is inexcusable. By the way Chelsea will definitely match our offer for Romeo Lavia and I have the nasty feeling that the player will once again choose them over us.

But we can always say - ‘‘relax, there is still enough time, more than two weeks till the end of the transfer window. Don’t be in a hurry, Schamdtke and the guys around him are top professionals’’.

Actually waiting till the end of the transfer window means one simple thing - we will pay premium for every player who signs for LFC, because the selling teams will know how desperate we are, especially after those two bids for Caicedo and Lavia…

We’ve had no confirmation that there has been a bid and if there has, on it’s structure.