Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Easy. Just call them Ugo and Chuk, or go further and completely anglicise them as Hugo and Chuck,

1 Like

My friend who had a similar name shortened it to “Chu”.

I guess Chuk sounded to Deep South.

If commentators can’t even pronounce someone’s name, they should be doing another job.

1 Like

Who was that guy in the 90s/00s a former manager and he struggled to pronounce any name from remotely beyond the English Channel.

David Pleat?

2 Likes

That’s the one

Fixed. Pleat was an absolute nightmare, he could have butchered the name John Smith :joy:

2 Likes

David pleat was done for kerb crawling when Spurs manager.

Over nine hundred posts and still no sign of Romeo.

1 Like

Where art thou, Romeo?

3 Likes

I hope we sign him soon just so we can stop seeing that shit joke every couple of days.

3 Likes

Waiting for Fabinho and Hendo money to come in :rofl:

With respect, why should we have to? The owners aren’t exactly skint and the other major players are spending like crazy. Yeah, I know, FSG want to win that positive freaking spend league :roll_eyes:

They dont have the available funds or structures in place to spend like the other clubs. But more importantly it is probably more a point of making sure that the outgoing deals are concluded so that there is the space in the squad for Lavia.

The hunt for a defender is probably a different issue - one of finding the right player who is available now.

1 Like

They do have the funds. Lavia may well be a smokescreen for Tchouameni for all we know.

While I would love to see him here, it ain’t gonna happen.

1 Like

Who needs defence? Were getting Mbappe for a season :rofl::rofl:

One of him/Camavinga/valverde is going to find they don’t get the playtime necessary. While we might not be in a position to afford him etc , they are going to move a club.

Then perhaps they should rethink their business model if they want their ‘franchise’ to actually gain in profile and qualify for the big money spinner - the Champions League. The do want to maximise their profits don’t they? That’s what they are all about aren’t they? Serious questions.

when healthy i could see a midfield three of thiago, macca and lavia