Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

So thats 3 times next season? Soboss and Jones to do the rest?

Macca and Dominik if fit and healthy would take up 2 of those three spots. Who’s the third ?

Dominik / Lavia / Mac Is one option. Increasingly see Macca deeper so as to accomodate someone like Jones on the left side as well.

Thiago might be one for the games right after international breaks.

Out of contract next year. Klopp will be hoping not having to rely on him too much.

Probably closer to how he used Naby/Ox and not how he used Gini in their final year.

Klopp will use Thiago whenever he’s match fit.

Its never simply about spending money to match what others are doing, but spending it right…which for the most part, they have done, and are doing…

And its resulted in enormous growth of the profile of the ‘franchise’…

Three weeks in - two months out?

2 games in (optimistic) 4 months out

If this is the plan then may as well try and get rid now. Even if it’s just to have a young player closer to coming off the bench.

It’s not the plan, just GermanRed’s ongoing campaign against Thiago.

We were previously guaranteed that Thiago would be leaving before Fabinho, that one is looking increasingly unlikely as well.

1 Like

At the rate Fabinho’s transfer is going, I wouldn’t be so sure.

1 Like

Thiago might well be announced before Fabinho crawls across to sign his contract.

Thiago will probably go next summer and might still be announced before Fabinho.

To spend almost freely like other clubs such as Chelsea, City or United not really. To potentially buy another player, possibly.

You’ve also got to realise

A) someone would buy him
B) he wants to go

I’ve made some major misjudgements in regards Henderson but Thiago I expect will end up in MLS. Anyhow this is the Lavia thread and I expect we have the funds.

If we aren’t spending that extra bit then there must be someone else, remember Thuram none of that made massive sense until we suddenly went for Dom.

They better get a move on, for Southampton the season starts Friday …

How does anybody on here know what funds John Henry and FSG have available to spend on players? Answer is, you don’t. Unless you’ve been out for a meal with Alison Rose that is.

2 Likes

If it wasn’t for the Saudis Fabinho would be going nowhere this summer.

Sorry that I could not see that with my Time Machine.

But we know roughly what they’re prepared to spend if you look at the pattern over their ownership period and what we don’t go over?

NEW: Atletico Madrid have entered the race to sign Southampton midfielder Romeo Lavia, according to El Nacional.

The report states that Diego Simeone is a big fan of the 19 year-old. However, he recognises that Liverpool have the advantage in the race.

decided to cancel that news lol