Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

I assume the club are busy looking at various deals and also playing a bit of poker along the way. All reports suggest Lavia wants the move, so delays on his arrival simply mean hes got less time to bed in, but still confident he comes as the gap isnt that big. Seen some tweets claiming the idea on this second bid is that its watertight and will be accepted.

Joyce reporting is usually a good sign

Its a bit frustrating when you hear news of a bid going in, and then nothing happens for days at a time, as we assume upping bids can be done in a matter of hours.

3 Likes

Can’t believe im away 6 days now and we signed no players since. Fsg out ASAP :grinning:

Ther’es the problem right there.

Mods, can we ban @RedOpium from going away at such a key stage of a transfer?

4 Likes

Fairly sure this same guy said the second bid was sent last week. Maybe they used the wrong colour pen, or worse, sent it to the wrong address! Easily done I suppose.

I would think that would have already been calculated in advance by the club - probably little he could do while the squad is off travelling anyway. Key dates would be when the squad is back in the UK training ?

They appparently sent the bid to France and accidently spelt Lavias’ name wrong.

It was apparently spelt Mbappe, although what an mbappe is, I have no clue

They claimed it speaks to how time passes quickly and nothing stays the same

You have so many relationships in this life
Only one or two will last
You go through all the pain and strife
Then you turn your back and they’re gone so fast
Oh yeah

1 Like

Been out for a few hours come on an see 20 plus posts thinking finally some movement…only things confirmed is COG confirms he doesn’t believe we have any chance of Mbappe coming (ha that’s not what the itk’s are saying !!!)…

And Aussie lad confirms it’s RedOpiums fault …reckon he has Fabs contract with him as well :joy:

Spongebob Squarepants Thumbs Down GIF

I bet you’re humming it to yourself though, arent you

Im Not No Way GIF

I had to google this. Never new this song was so deep.

a McDonald’s latte.

So it is shit no matter where you get it from?

Yep, i think so. Guess its down to how much they value the ability for him to be in before the tour dates. If holding up saves 3-4 million, but only costs 2 weeks of team bedding time, when the players signing on a multi-year deal, it might be worth the delay.

5 Likes

Fab deal finally done

https://twitter.com/_fabinhotavares/status/1686105339215679488?s=20

I expect this to be announced by CoB tomorrow.

8 Likes

Lavia and one more midfielder I think.

If Liverpool don’t have their CB of choice coming in , They’ll rather wait for another year. They’ve shown that in the past.

A lot more thank you than Jordans…

2 Likes

Hopefully Lavia is now closed asap, so he can get some training done with the team to start to get up to speed.

Thiago as the veteran to help bring some of the younger ones through.

And versatility worked on, with Mac and Jones tried out in the deeper role, in case we need to do that as we adjust.

We are going to be fine. Just fine.

Central defender needed too, and hopefully that will be done as well, but I suspect with now having more legs in the midfield, the defense will be a bit more protected, and - though not desirable, but in a pinch - we could go with what we have and wait until Matip finishes next summer before recruiting a good central defender.

just wondering if they wanted to give fab a nice send off before anouncing his replacement. hopefully announced tomorrow.

1 Like