Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Depends if they’ve put the bid in?

I’m talking about Lavia.

Do think we will see a few interesting days anyhow now

now get romeo in

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1686107919601864705?s=20

1 Like

Still have to film the obligatory good bye video where Klopp refers to him as a legend.

1 Like

No, I repeat, NO excuses now Boston. Show us the money! Fksk :roll_eyes:

Don’t worry, I have a feeling something will happen. More than a feeling, even.

3 Likes

That’s quite good actually :laughing:

1 Like

You know why? These are the negotiators

Sloth Dmv GIF

2 Likes

They use the money to buy one of their other franchise’s a new player ?

I hope so, I’ll only have Peace of Mind once it’s done.

3 Likes

No wonder he left Goal if this is the stuff he was giving them.

Lavia and a Nathan Ake type (fuck knows where we’ll find one) and its been a decent window. Would still prefer a more experienced DM though but looks like this lad is the one we want.

1 Like

Hopefully we act quickly to seal the deal for Lavia now. He is a good player and will improve us right away, and any slight question mark over inexperience is fair enough. He will get more experience here, and if he needs to rotate a bit to get up to speed, we have the players.

Inacio or Hincapie look like decent defenders, and I’m sure there are others too.

Lavia plus a central defender, plus Mac and Szobo, and it will have been an excellent window.

I would laugh my head of if we sign Gvardiol from under Man City’s noses, and then after stellar summer business, let the cat out of the bag that we have a new minor owner, Pagliuca.

1 Like

I don’t think we need to be in a hurry, albeit of course, another club could always swoop in but in the sense that Lavia will never be starting for us right from the start of the season. Whether he joins now or just before the window shuts, I would think the plan is to see him in training and see how fast he can get up to date with our system because our system is not just about how individually great you are (you probably could be Messi and still be not good enough for Klopp if you could not play to instructions). I definitely see at least one more CM coming in but if Lavia is the one, then I believe we are not in a hurry to have him to start the season. As of now, I believe we already have the starting 3 in CM in McD: Mac, Curt and Dom.

3 Likes

This thread is close to cracking a thousand now, plenty more at this rate, come on FSG,make with the money for someone…we are getting bored!

Isn’t it Nikola’s fault?

Fuck sake, Jorg

Bored GIF

1 Like
1 Like

Is it time to start doubting Schmadtke yet?

Why? He just sold two of the most complained about and declining players in our squad for £52m plus some add-ons.

The fact we’ve not progressed the Lavia deal is almost certainly in large part because of the delays in Fabinho moving on.

If reports are to believed (and that’s up to the individual what stock they put in the people peddling the stories) then the terms with Lavia himself are all but done, it’s just the wrangling with Southampton that needs to be done.

4 Likes