Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

I’m fine if Lavia doesn’t come. I’m actually sorta relaxed about this. Southampton know that with the buy out option that city have , they have a minimum price next season provided City go back in for Lavia.

If they don’t(as in come for Lavia then), they’re pretty much screwed.

Let them stew in this for a while.

I still feel that we need 2 DMs the coming season.

1 Like

With Fabinho and Henderson going , I don’t even think our primary target is Lavia. It’ll be one for the future of we get him as one of the DMs. But the immediate requirement is for someone more experienced.

We need two DMs , one to hold the line for a couple of years for Thiago to get phased out. And the other someone like Lavia , who along with Bajcetic are for the future.

He would have been more than handy. But Jota is a better player than him.

Just unfortunate to get that injury early on in his Liverpool career which stunted his development

1 Like

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1686355521979183104?t=jLV9GFfJmzH0Id9gHHCyOQ&s=19

3 Likes

Directly under a post about us bidding for a player we’re clearly keen to have join us and that mentions alternatives?

People moan when things are slow. Moan when we do get information from reliable sources because it’s not a completed deal. They moan about a lack of depth having moaned for the last season or two about the players who have left being not good enough or too old.

And as soon as we bring in our next player it’ll be “who’s next, we need to replace Matip and Gomez.”

5 Likes

People log in to this site six times a day expecting new news everytime.

2 Likes

Will come to around 3-4m more. If Lavia holds firm on his insistence that he only wants Liverpool, Southampton won’t have a bidding war.

they want 40 million as a base, why we keeping fucking around with less than 40 million as a base. they will not accept this…

We have unexpected Fab money. Why not just offer £40m plus 5 in add ons. £41m total is a bit odd and i dont blame soton for thinking we are taking this piss.
Weve taken a week to ready another bid we know isnt enough.
Season starts next weekend ffs.

1 Like

Youre assuming theres no naunce when it comes to negotiating. There will be discussions about a package total but its not as easy as just upping bids.

E.g. we want to bid £38m upfront and can offer £8m in add ons (£46m) or might offer £40 up front but only £4m in add ons (£44m). Just for clarity…these numbers made up by me.

1 Like

Just the six? I’ve never been this obsessed since the demise of Ceefax.

As Klopp always says, we sign players for 5 years not 5 matches. We’ll take our time to get the best deal possible. Lavia isn’t going to start against Chelsea anyway and he’s having a full pre-season with Southampton.

7 Likes

Happy Champions League GIF by Liverpool FC

1 Like

i get the nuance, but the thing is the saints want 40 million (according to reports) as a base for any deal and had informed LFC of this. Our last offer was 34 base plus add ons. our new offer is probably between 37-38 plus add-ons. Saints are not shifting from that base of 40 unless the add ons are pretty easy to achieve

You’ve answered your own question here.

It’s because it’s a transfer market not a transfer shop. You don’t just have to pay what they’ve put on the price tag.

Now, why it takes this weird form of back on forth on bids and rejections I’ll never know. Why can’t Jorg ring up whoever at Southampton and say “look, we’re close here but we need some wiggle room, how can we get this sorted today” and then thrash it out in a conversation i’ll never know.

1 Like

I guess thats why jorg makes the big bucks… We all jus making assumptions at this point based off @melissareddy twit… Time will tell which way this goes…

He will take 5 years to get here at this rate…

Goodness me. You were quick off the mark!

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1686358221059985408

will await the next bid…

£39,999,999 plus £1 in add ons

1 Like