Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

If they want this player just give them the money! Pony up an extra 9m to make sure we go into the season with at least most of a decent squad. If we don’t and he goes elsewhere it will be a bit of a kick in the nuts.

It’s unlikely to be the add ons that are the issue here but the base fee and how it is structured.

2 Likes

Reason why we want to structure the fee to our favour is that we want the ability to bring in one more transfer this year.

1 Like

Well, why don’t Southampton just accept our bid so we can all move on? They’ll only lose £9m, what’s the problem? :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

And what of Curtis Jones? I’m still not convinced that we need another CM while we have Jones and Bajcetic. If we are going to get another midfielder now, then my preference would be for that Brazilian bloke whose name I can’t remember!

Despite my failing memory that guy looks the business. A future world class player and if we have the chance to get him then we should swoop. Even if that means letting him stay with his current club until January.

Andre Trindade! That’s the feller. Sod this over-rated 19 year old who’s only played a few dozen games with Southampton.

3 Likes

Trindade is not someone we would need to look at … At this point of time.

My pick would be someone like Sangare.

I hazard a guess these people are guessing.

3 Likes

Gotta love Melissa …
https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1686349421913518080?s=20

Melissa Reddy

@MelissaReddy_

Information from the Southampton end is that this improved offer has been rejected

Also would have Jones firmly in a BBM role. He’s the quintessential jack of all trades right now

Another bid over the next couple of weeks. :grinning:

https://twitter.com/sachatavolieri/status/1686354662952222720

no 40 million base no bueno…

We’ll get him provided Lavia stays fixed

2 Likes

Liverpool’s improved bid for Lavia rejected by Southampton

Southampton have rejected Liverpool’s improved bid for midfielder Romeo Lavia.

Sky Sports News understands the offer from the Merseysiders was still below an initial £40m, with Saints wanting £50m for the Belgian international.

The total package was closer to that asking price but if a compromise can’t be reached, Liverpool are considering alternative options, which include Andre of Fluminense.

Sky Sports

1 Like

Come on Saints, just split the difference, accept 45m then we can all go down the pub for a pint.

1 Like

i think if we hit 40 base and 2-3 add ons we get the kid

It’s all bollocks ignore the lot.

The football lot would be shit business people, probably why so many are so far in debt.

Yes the absolute crazy transfer saga of Romeo Lavia that started with our first bid for him… 6 days ago.

6 Likes