Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Confused No Idea GIF by ABC Network

1 Like

It took them a week to get the second in … :sunglasses:

next news update will be “saints and lfc agree on Lavia fee” book it!

1 Like

That’s only for incoming transfers … :innocent::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I think I have it all figured out, so bear with me…

1. Man City want to add some more daylight between them and us.

2. They know we operate within our means and won’t break our financial structure.

3. They know we’re in dire need of midfield signings.

4. They have a good working relationship with Southampton, who are effectively bankrolling their FFP compliance by buying all of their academy players.

5. They know we’ve followed Lavia since his Belgium days.

6. They deliberately sell him to Southampton for a relatively low fee but with a high buy-back clause.

7. They leverage that low fee by asking Southampton to drag the negotiations as long as possible when we come in for him.

8. We come in for him.

9. They drag the negotiations for as long as possible.

10. Our midfield selection remains short on numbers and quality. All of our players get injured. We get relegated after drawing at Goodison to an already relegated Everton side.

11. Man City get a free pass at PL for the next two seasons as well because we lose the play-off final to WBA by a set-piece own-goal after having 83% of the ball and striking the post twice, with Matip (whose contract was extended) blocking Alisson’s goalbound effort at the death.

12. I become addicted to anti-depressants, learn to play the guitar (both chords, enough to record a drone metal album, even though I don’t listen to that genre) and fade into oblivion, never to be heard from again.

I don’t see this panning out any other way.

4 Likes

Or it took a week for the Fabinho deal to conclude so we could confidently get on with our business.

1 Like

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Man City having the option to buy him means fuck all if he says ‘No thanks, I don’t want to go back to you’.

2 Likes

Mate , I’d rather listen to a never ending Eminor song by maiden

“If you’re feeling down, depressed and lonely…” :joy:

Como estais amigos.

1 Like

Maybe we aren’t interested in Lavia anymore, maybe we are using it as a tactic.

Maybe none of it really matters and Klopp can wait two weeks as the squad he has is ample enough to win games straight away.

No one coming in this late is starting against Chelsea regardless.

3 Likes

Still think it gets done.

2 Likes

May be we are getting both Andre and Lavia. Thiago is leaving next summer most probably and that could also be a reason for this.

3 Likes

I’d be very surprised if we brought in both. We also need a CB. Would much rather either Lavia or Andre and a CB. Would be shocked if we went for all three.

I would be flabbergasted to be honest.

I have a house for sale here in NZ can you buy it, it is worth $1.2m, but you can have it for $1.8m, done deal, just pony up the money

1 Like

Befuddled even

Attack of the Groans…

Amirite??

Ok lets approach this the Wenger way

£40m + £1