Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

But offer to pay him less than Nat Phillips because pay disparity ruins unity

Its in New Zealand…no thanks :laughing:

1 Like

9 Million for a relegated team is a lot!

Ok $1.9m then :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Much rather this guy than Trindade, unless Southamtpon want too much money, in which case the Brazilian is clearly the better player and the one we should be targetting.

4 Likes

yep with u on this one…NZ house prices and quality of those houses is a very interesting discussion to be had

4 hectares built in 2018, whats not to love xxx

2 Likes

if you built it urself, then i trust its beautiful…having lived in NZ for for five years, we found the majority of the properties not up to standard especially at the quoted prices

I personally like how we do business, in that we will pay a fair price for a player and if a club wants above the market valuation (ours) we move on to someone else that provides the same but with a similare value for money.

Also this sets a standard in regards to future deals and clubs we deal with know that we won’t be fleeced, I prefer us operating like this rather than being like Manure or Chelski

2 Likes

I do agree, but it isn’t mine as I am one of those dodgy Real Estate Agents :wink:

1 Like

I do wonder if we’ve increased our offer, Southampton have not budged on asking price so we are now ‘threatening’ to walk away. Next step may be for Lavia’s camp to press for the move and tell them he will refuse any offer from City?

That would be my reading of the situation too. Trindade is a bit of pressure on Southampton.

I’d also imagine he’s a genuine target/alternative if they don’t budge.

2 Likes

Sure. It’s about the size of the fee Southampton have agreed to pay for Lavia’s replacement.

I really wish you are right, mate and we sign Lavia, because time is ticking away and I have never seen Klopp so clear /or maybe desperate/ for new signing/s.

The other option will be pretty unpleasant. We have gone trhough that several years ago.

Liverpool Football Club would like to put on record our regret over recent media speculation regarding Southampton Football Club and player transfers between the two clubs.

We apologise to the owner, board of directors and fans of Southampton for any misunderstanding regarding Virgil van Dijk.

We respect Southampton’s position and can confirm we have ended any interest in the player.

They’re not as wealthy as us, and in turn we’re not as wealthy as the clubs that are going to leave us in their wake! To not give ourselves even a puncher’s chance by paying a little over the odds here seems naive, as unless the rules on finance start to become enforced this might be our last chance of top four in the modern era. Might as well give it everything!

The page loaded, I saw the link and thought “shit, we’ve not done it again, have we?”

Don’t do that to an old geezer :joy:

1 Like

Just paying whatever a selling club asks for without looking to negotiate is naive. He is unlikely to be an immediate starter for us, at least not immediately, so we’re largely paying for potential and he may not be a factor in us getting top four this season. Therefore add ons would probably be a fairer way for Southampton to up their return on him and easier for us to justify agreeing to.

40mp to city but 50mp (40 + 20% sell on)to everyone else.If it wasn’t for the sell on clause would they still be looking for 50mp for him,probably not since they are willing to pocket 40/42 million now.The way they are looking at this is they have to sell for 20% more to cover what city want from him but maybe city sold him for 8mp less than they wanted in the first place,so southampton were already up.Therefore 40/42mp at most is all we should be offering now.

2 Likes

Romeo Lavia wants to join Liverpool and negotiations are continuing. -

@FabrizioRomano

#LFC

1 Like

reading the Joyce article, it seems like its now a, “who will blink first” contest between Wilcox and Jorg

1 Like