Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Got some great young talents coming through. Think we will be revisiting them again in a few years.

Please tell me you had chocolate smeared somewhere on your person.

Rather not.

Twice the experience at half the price. :wink:

1 Like

Jason Wilcox, or the Soton board have picked a figure out the air of this lads valuation, knowing full well there are knobs like Boehly who would stump up such a figure.
It seems to have come down to a game of bluff now, and as someone has mentioned, who blinks first -

Not really, their deal with City last summer set the floor for this fee. Whether or not City intend to activate their £40m buyback next summer is immaterial right now, because as long as the chance is there that they might it can be used as the minimum they expect to receive. And that’s before you consider the 20% cut of any transfer now City also take that wouldn’t apply if/when they come knocking in 12 months.

But its a further year down the road, and it still isnt a guaranteed sum, so if that is how they are valuing him, they should in theory be open to discounting the price on those two factors.

1 Like

No, I think we can suggest they do that, but particularly if they have no problem keeping Lavia to help their promotion push I don’t think they really have any incentive to lower the price. But next summer if City don’t come back in for him then the price could be significantly cheaper after a year in the Championsip as well.

But with Fabinho and Henderson having gone, I think we’re in the position of being unable to wait the extra year, we need someone to come in now.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1686630397948428289?s=20

3 Likes

How long is Kone likely to be out injured?

star wars GIF

2 Likes

If he was to sign for us or in general?

Was ‘dialogue’ not open like a month ago?

Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

This is likely to go on longer than Brexit.

I’m assuming it means they’ve not just told us to eff-off with our latest bid and there’s conversations going on to try and reach a compromise all parties can agree on.

I took it as a positive rather than something to get frustrated about. Baring in mind Fabinho left on Monday and it’s now Wednesday I’m not sure what people’s frustration is. He wasn’t going to come in before Fab left and he’d likely only have joined alongside Fab if it was a deal done late in the window because he kicked up a fuss or Southampton lowered their asking price.

1 Like

Alternative theory to why this is not moving faster - Southampton were in the process of selling Salisu to Monaco and we waited until that deal was negotiated and completed before pestering them with our own bids for Lavia.

Our second bid went in the day he was officially sold.

3 Likes

Sounds like a game of Battleships

Apparently Schmadtke is a bit of a talker.

Double signing day - Lavia and Andre :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Next week we will get Inacio. Thats a beautiful summer…

1 Like

Thuram is sitting back home in germany in a state of constant WTF

Pick Me Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

2 Likes