Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

I do think we need to get this done before JWP moves to West Ham.

If I were soton after today the price has gone up to £60m

Thankfully Saints are unlikely to be so flippant with watching a pre-season game, upping the price, and risking us entirely walking away.

West Ham have walked away from that one.

1 Like

Ah that’s good

They’ve been pushed out of the way by our interest in him

Jorg pushing to the front the “we want to buy JWP” line
trump minister GIF

2 Likes

Man united jus signed a striker who has only scored nine goals and made less than 90 appearances in Serie A, Chelsea (no one knows wtf they are doing) close to paying a 100 million for moises, arsenal spending close to 200 million. All this is with a huge amount of risk that it will payoff. The only close to sure thing here is probably rice to arsenal, everything else is a huge risk for these teams. Lavia is NOT worth 50 million, he is NOT even worth 40, but he is worth more than that to us in our present situation. Klopp spoke about FSG needing to take more risk at times and I do believe this is one of those times. Pay the money and bet on Lavia’s potential.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1686744579431677953?s=20

I see Saints are trying to raise the bid whilst holding a pair of 2’s. Not sure they want to get into a poker game with Jorge and Jurgen

its a sellers market to be fair…they are jus trying to take advantage

apparently Brighton just rejected a bid for Caicedo from an unidentified team…bid was higher than Chelsea’s

They wont take less than £100m so no idea why someone has bid £80m!

1 Like

dude i almost choked on my coffee hahahaha

Andy Naylor
·
Brighton & Hove Albion Correspondent

Brighton reject offer for Caicedo

Brighton reject offer for Caicedo
(Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

Chelsea could face competition in their pursuit of Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo.

The bid, from an as yet unidentified club, is said to surpass Chelsea’s most recent offer for the 21-year-old Ecuador international that was worth a total of £80million.

Brighton won’t budge on comparing Caicedo’s value to that of England midfielder Declan Rice, who moved to Arsenal from West Ham in a £105m deal.

Brighton previously rebuffed approaches from Chelsea and Arsenal in January.

Chelsea are considering alternative options should a move for Caicedo not materialise, including Liverpool target Romeo Lavia of Southampton

Except we don’t know whether Klopp is willing to bet that much on Lavia. He definitely understands money is finite.

From what it seems, Klopp might not have the final say but he is definitely a big part of the approval process. And it might not be the owners who are restricting the bids.

We simply just don’t know.

1 Like

a) Caicedo isn’t homegrown
b) He hasn’t demonstrated the same consistency as Rice over a number of years

2 Likes

Soft, but terrible when undercooked?

1 Like

Not as terrible as that “joke”. :rofl:

2 Likes

no truer words!!
jorgy boy ???maybe