Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Again I disagree. Not have his value drop to zero but it’d almost certainly decrease than increase. If his valuation wasn’t already so absurd, then maybe…the bar is already set at £50m…I mean come on.

Yeah doesn’t come on, make of that what you will. No one has even said we’ve walked away.

I guess we will see.

I assume it might be Soton knowing he is gone but are playing hard ball with us. As I said it’s always them they have a right to play that way but maybe we shouldn’t look closely at them in future.

1 Like

that’s pretty simple. buy-back clause at £40mil to City and if they sell to us it’s a 20% sell-on clause. so if they want their £40mil this season they have to charge £50 to us as City will take their cut.

So under no circumstance can you envisage no one signing him this summer and City not triggering that buy back option?

You 100% sure he leaves this summer for £50m or City end up signing him back for £40m next summer?

To Chelsea … :stuck_out_tongue: :star_struck:

1 Like

I’ve just wasted 90 minutes watching Southampton and Lavia didn’t make an appearance. He’s definitely leaving.

1 Like

I was hoping that this would be my 1st of the required 10…

might be them jus protecting him as his head has been turned by us…

you’re inserting words in this conversation I have not used. that is your opinion, not mine.

I’m merely stating what’s likely to happen. time will tell. LFC will get desperate and pay the fee, or risk being short-handed once more if they cannot obtain one of their other targets

Soton has played this hand with us before. they have what we want.

I’m not trying to put words in your mouth here, they are my words posed to you as a question to counter your statement that “he’s likely to increase his value to £75m based on a season in the championship”

We have shown we’re willing to walk away from a deal if it doesn’t suit us, in this instance I think we’re right to do so and Soton will regret turning that £40m down.

I think it is more likely they still expect him to leave and as they already appear to have his replacement, have no need to play him.

you are, because my question was “is it more likely his value increase by 50% or to drop to zero.”

I was asking a question, not making a statement

I agree that they expect him to leave, so benching him, and signing a replacement are the obvious signs. Hopefully we close it asap as I think he will go in to be very good indeed, and even from the get go, will improve us in an area where we are needy.

If we pull a rabbit out of the hat, and end up landing a bigger fish due to our patience, then fair enough. One hopes that is what is going on in the background, and if that door closes, you would have to think Lavia will be signed quickly.

City have a buy back clause for next year, but Lavia would also have to accept such a move. City cant just buy him to spin him on for profit willy nilly.

If we sign him we sign him.

I’ve noticed all this reaction has come off the back two random “journalists” who I hadn’t seen before this summer and one who only started to talk about us a few weeks ago and a reworded statement on Pearce were he basically just suggested what Reddy and Joyce had.

That’s added 100 posts to FSG thread.

In fact between that this lunchtime and the suggestion of a third bid on Goal you could have missed all the action.

1 Like

Soton now have a proven £40m asset they are going to risk every week in the ‘Cloggers’ league - or not.
If LFC are serious about this kid, it will probably happen if it can be done on our terms, and our present valuation…!
Not sure we will dance to the tune of Jason Wilcox tbh… LFC might even wait until January, that is if their resolve weakens and they accept our present valuation

Mmm. Nehh. Doesn’t quite sound like it’d be heavy metal enough for Jurgen.

1 Like

If the kid is being left out because of what we may or may not do, then I feel for the kid. Just a commodity.

1 Like

Southampton dont need the money and have his replacement already. They are also favourites to go up, so i dont see them rushing to sell him.

3 Likes

Schitts Creek Pain GIF by CBC

1 Like