Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

So we’re now complaining that chelsea have gazzumped us to a player (they havent) because they agreed to pay the full fee everyone knew southampton wanted (they havent) and we’re left with no idea of what to do because all our eggs were in the Lavia basket (they are not) because we sold Hendo and Fabs without having a plan (we didnt)

I dont know about you fuckers, but Im going to need some prozac to get through this Grume sessions

7 Likes

Any thoughts on what the plan is/was?

2 Likes

So yeah like I was saying, Lavia is crap… :face_with_peeking_eye:

Good new. Im give a shit about this anymore. Fuck FSG.

1 Like

Sorry, but I do not see the relevance of your response to my post. :+1:t2:

Why would they want both.

Or is it basically Chelsea.

Bit silly if there is no contingency or if there isn’t anyone else out there.

From that article it sounds like they are using this to drive Brighton to a deal on Caiciedo. They are suggesting they are closing in with actually no proof they are closing in and nothing having changed.

Bar the Lavia bid which they put in the article doesn’t really say much.

See i told u they wanted BOTH, Guardian reporting it…

https://twitter.com/IanDoyleSport/status/1689413117191573505

4 Likes

If they want both, then Lavia has to be smart and not go there as he will have limited play time

1 Like

Yeah even that piece above doesn’t seem to treat the Lavia bid all that seriously and even Romano seems to have just left it hanging.

1 Like

Anyhow if we want him we pony up the money or we do what we did with Bellingham and say we are no longer interested.

They’ve apparently just taken a sizeable amount of transfer fee up front and I doubt the same structure can be said on the two signings.

I hate the transfer window and the absolute gobshites it brings out, just get done and get on with the season.

I actually can’t be arsed with us even signing anyone else as it will just be another excruciating low ball 2 weeks.

I will call fake news on Chelsea interest. Leaked by Saints to get the deal done with LFC.

If Chelsea close the deal it’s pretty poor from big Jorg, he’ll go back into retirement. We had great summer until something unexpected happened, and we haven’t seemed to be able to get our feet under us ever since.

Maybe it’s Klopp now that he seems to be the one in charge, i don’t know. What looked to be great summer has turned a little sour. Can’t wait for games to actually start, even if squad is light again. We still have time and money to pull rabbit out of the hat.

I wonder if we were the recent mystery bidder for Caicedo, and so this is Chelsea going tit for tat with Lavia? And the outcome will be both teams get the player they have been linked with most?

Hard to know what’s going on.

1 Like

So over this, I just don’t care whether we buy him, for me just move on and buy someone else!

Agree with others, just get it done if we want him that badly, then move on.Before we all go bonkers! Chelsea likely doing what they do, snaffle players then don’t play them or loan them, then they don’t play again them.In this case that looks stupid though,19 years old and one good season.

Reading the posts in this thread since the Ornstein tweet reminds me of an old song by The Smiths:

Bedwetters of the world
Unite and take over…

1 Like

I don’t think it was called that :wink:

1 Like

Think we arent signing Lavia. He will going to Chelsea and Caicedo will remain at Brighton. We will be bringing in someone not linked to us before.

3 Likes