Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

If he wants to play for us, he’ll push Southampton to get a deal sorted with us.

If he wants to go to Chelsea, good luck to the kid. He’ll have a new manager by Christmas and they’ll have bought someone else to play his position by the end of next summer whilst he’s sent out on loan to some middling club on the continent.

Reality is, it all seems very convenient. Chelsea want Brighton to do a deal for Caicedo. Southampton want to sort Lavia’s future out one way or another. Even the Guardian article is just an updated version of the piece they published the day before with a couple lines added.

2 Likes

You should stick to announcing goals three seconds before the scorer has kicked/headed the ball.

Yeah how right you were.

Possibly. I do wonder though, if Klopp is taking more responsibility, whether that has an impact on making bigger bids as he may be hesitating on pulling the trigger - Jorg may not be independent enough to push him to do it.

We discuss about Lavia, but i think we are working for another player nobody thinks about

1 Like

This better be a reference to Lucas Leiva.

We’ll either pay for this lad or we won’t.By the looks of it there is currently 46 mp to bring in whoever the alternative is .

At the start of the summer there was a collective ejaculating over Thuram and Kone…with a bit left for Gravenberch
The pages of that magazine are stuck together…

Flick over to Lavia.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/SaintsExtra/status/1689403044671229952

:joy:

1 Like

Not necessarily.

I very much doubt we are refusing to pay £50m because we only have £46m left in the war-chest. Transfers simply don’t work like that.

It might be that if we can find a better, yet more expensive player, at a club who will accept less money up front and a payment structure that is more acceptable, then it’s something we might be willing to do.

2 Likes

I’m not suggesting we dont have the money ,the opposite in fact.We have the money so if we don’t get this lad in we’ll move onto someone else on our list

I can’t help but wonder how £50mil players are sprouting in Brussels.

When I was in Brussels, somebody asked me how much I would pay to see him shit in his own hands.

Terrible name for a city. Reminds me of that vegetable.

Worst vegetable ever. No wonder it’s consigned to Christmas dinners only. Even then I won’t touch it.

1 Like

Mason Mount. Kessie. Barella. This list just keeps rising. The lad from Leeds.

And how many were we genuinely in for? Don’t even think Kessie got any link remotely plausible. Barella was a desire on here and I haven’t seen anything on Adams.

Considering we’ve had 60 players linked this summer in CM a whole load are bollocks.

2 Likes

Duh, everyone we are linked with on twitter is a real target. We missed out on James Ward-Prowse!

2 Likes

If you want to unsettle a fan base and team before a big game you bid just below the asking price for a player the other team have painstakingly been working on.

1 Like

Thats the odd thing…Chelsea havent. They are still £2m short!

As I said just below the asking price.

It’s almost like they haven’t done it to be serious.