Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/status/1689580913858863104?s=20

Seems rather reliable compared to the usual.

Odd set of affairs going on.

If he wants chelsea let him go there.

They just announced this on Talksport

We had not paid 50m or whatever structure Soton wanted, simply because we think he is not worth whatever they think he is worth. Contrary to people keep harping that the 2 deals we did were easy because all it did is to trigger release clauses. You all do know that even with release clauses, you can negotiate still right if you want to and you believe the other club would accept a lower bid anyway. We would have if we think they are not worth it but the fact that we were swift with meeting their clause without negotiation shows that we are clear what we want and decides quickly if they are worth what they are quoted. As I had said very early on, Lavia is probably a player we are interested in but not someone who will make or break our team nor does it matter if we are able to bring him in 2 weeks ago or 2 days before the window shuts because he will never be starting immediately. As far as bodies are concerned, we have enough, but if concerns about the type or quality, then its a fair concern from the fans which then Klopp and the coaching team has to have the confidence to address it as Klopp likes to say “not every solution has to be addressed by going into the market”

2 Likes

Assume the issue is Brighton don’t want to sell him for their bid but do for ours.

Not sure if Southampton are going accept eithier mind.

This would be brilliant!!

But they haven’t paid what Brighton are asking. And Lavia reportedly wants to come here and not Chelsea. But we haven’t paid what Southampton are asking.

A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma…

3 Likes

More Donald Rumsfeld’s known unknowns

1 Like

Wonder how much we have bid for Caicedo - clearly not enough - just like Chavs Lavia bid…all seems a bit odd considering they have both bid amounts that arent enough.

Chelsea will end up with both and we will end up with the guy from Leeds for £20m :laughing:

Moan about us not doing anything, bidding low, not moving on to other targets. Then when we do it’s still moaning about bidding low even though no one has a clue at the point what our bid is.

You’re nothing if not a consistent eternal pessimist, I’ll give you that.

1 Like

I think I prefer 50m lavia than 90m Caicedo.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1689584604473135104?s=20

:laughing:

Maybe its face off. We’re posing as Chelsea to see what Southampton accept, chelsea pose as us to see what Brighton accept :rofl:

John Travolta Movie GIF

3 Likes

£90m isnt enough - its a £100m+ as Brighton say he is better than Rice

Leeds Tyler Adams is on way to Chelsea - £20m release clause met.

They are selling themselves a player?

Its because I dont believe the bid is genuine. Why bid for a player who wants to go to chelsea and is more than twice the price of the lad you are haggling £3m over? Its just a game both clubs are playing.

Knowing Chelsea yes. They love spending!

Possibly the 270 million spent on the last 5 signings

So then you aren’t worried by Chelsea’s bid for Lavia then?

Maybe we see Caicedo is better value at £90m than Lavia is at £50m and therefore we’ve changed our focus? Perhaps it’s always been about value rather than how much money is in the mythical transfer war chest.

Who knows, but maybe try and enjoy it whilst we see how it plays out.

2 Likes