Ryan Gravenberch (CM) From Bayern Munich

Challenge Curtis Jones? All Gravenberch has to do then is stay fit and he’s way ahead of him.

3 Likes

I didn’t need to sleep tonight anyway.

Do this like Thiago and then sign a CB like they did with Jota tomorrow. :joy:

1 Like

Never watched him in the Dutch League, I assume he was ace for Ajax? The few minutes I’ve seen him for Bayern he was unimpressive

Thats my first thought. Perhaps could develop a utility role in the team including the six over time.

I appreciate this is to many fans an underwhelming move if it happens but i do find it interesting that he is clearly someone that club has a lot of belief in having tried signing him a year ago, and have probably been trying to get him again since January (if any of the links are to be believed).

1 Like

I mean, Mac Allister could start at the base. But more likely is that Gravenberch serves as a regular rotation option when we’re playing 3x a week.

But I share your concerns about his passivity and note that it’s telling that Ten Hag is opting for other targets over someone he’s familiar with. My guess is that his price tag reflects those concerns and my hope is that a change of scenery will be motivating.

He only had a few minutes didn’t he?

Not enthusiastic over this transfer. We need tenacity, not passivity, and Gravenberch appears more the latter. His last year at Ajax was unimpressive, and he has done nothing, on the pitch, at Munich.

What a weird caveat from Ornstein: “Not guaranteed to happen.” No transfer is guaranteed to happen! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m not overly convinced, but Klopp apparently likes him a lot. I do tend to trust his instincts with transfers (most the time).

I was talking about last season, but yeah, hasn’t played a lot obviously

I’d certainly prefer Mac Allister at the base. When Jones is fit I still don’t think Gravenberch starts which makes me question why he’s joining us, just to sit in the same situation as he is in at Munich.

Anyway, fingers crossed he’s really good.

Do we need to sign him to keep Pep Lijnders happy? I`m not convinced that we are in need for a player like him, tbh, but what do i know :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Feels like he along with thuram and kone were break glass options.

Ive never seen any of them play…just they were all linked so early in the summer but they seem to be if all else fails option

Problem is relying on Jones.

Just watched a 10 min youtube video, and am not impressed. Which is concerning. I’m always impressed. Seems to trip over his feet and does that thing where his feet move at different speed from his thoughts. Doesn’t mean anything, but concerning for me.

You sure that wasn’t Darwin?

I assume it’s low cost easy to sell option.

Both Endo and this guy won’t be hard to shift if they are ok but not spectacular.

If it’s saving cash to bring in a CB I’ll take it as it’s my main concern.

I love Darwin, how dare you! :joy:

Weird comment. Jones could very well be a regular starter if he manages to stay fit.

What exactly has Gravenberch done that automatically makes him a better option?

2 Likes