Ryan Gravenberch (CM) From Bayern Munich

Macallister isn’t a given number 8 mind, I think Klopp more interested in the flexible nature and the energy of that CM.

Has others have said we were down to Elliott and Dom last week. We can’t continue to play Dom for 90 mins we will need to rest so this transfer to me makes sense.

You could say Jones and Thiago but the reliability of one is again suspect and the other is almost nonexistent.

3 Likes

The 40 million is euros. The total including add-ons is 45 million euros which is 38 million GBP. In this day and age I don’t think that’s excessive for a player from Bayern Munich, of his age and potential with several years left on his contract there.

5 Likes

I’ll be willing to give the player some good time to prove himself. As of now , the player I would compare him to is Curtis Jones and he doesn’t seem to be an upgrade.

That said , this transfer is risk-free relatively. He’s young and we’re getting him at a decent price.

1 Like

Excited to see this young man join, as no doubt Jurgen will get the best out of him. Very exciting prospect indeed…
A CB next please…

7 Likes

Wasn’t quite sure, but sure Klopp and any other staff involved know a lot more about the lad than I do,hope he cracks on and turns out to be worth what repay for him.And a lot more!

1 Like

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F46opNOWkAAHWah?format=webp&name=medium

He’s on his way…

1 Like

There was a so called flight being tracked yesterday as well.

Could have been a military plane for all they know. The army use Leerjets for target practice near where we live.

1 Like

It was reported he was flying in last night but that flight encountered technical issues so he was going to arrive the first flight this morning.

In the interest of fairness, I will donate €50 to DEBRA. Maybe we are both winners and losers!

1 Like

When people talk like this it makes me think of branded cattle

1 Like

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1697503979406594213?s=20

1 Like

If it does happen, I hope it’s like Coutinho for us. Inter had loaned him out to a low La Liga side, we snapped him up and in short order he became his world-class self

1 Like

I do believe Minamino’s price reflected the low expectations. If it doesn’t work out with Ryan, it’s not the end of the world. At least not as disappointing as, say, Keita

1 Like

He was touted as being among the best young midfielders while at Ajax. Often with comparisions to Bellingham (during his time at Ajax) made.

It hasn’t worked for him at Bayern and there are some valid questions being asked as per his tenacity etc. Someone like a Klopp can hopefully make him click. Doesn’t mean the end of the world if he doesn’t given the price that he’s coming for.

1 Like

I don’t suppose @Sweeting or anyone else has access to his stats from Ajax?

Gravenberch (Last Season @ Ajax) Vs Bellingham(22-23 at Dortmund)

Not a comparision between the two.

But

1. Gravenberch hasn’t been able to breakthrough to the Bayern side primarily because of the changes of managers. Both the managers he played under didn’t want him
  2. He’s no Bellingham , no one currently is.
  3. There is some potential there. As of now , I still am of the opinion that he’s a Curtis Jones at best. But that’s not a bad thing to be especially if he stays injury free

No welcome thread yet :roll_eyes:

I’ll have that all day long. 2 of them would be awsome.

3 Likes

Don’t understand that logic