Ryan Gravenberch (CM) From Bayern Munich

He isn’t human though is he.

Who says he has confidence problems? He can have all the confidence in the world, but if a manager doesn’t rate him or feels safer playing the old guard that has nothing to do with a player’s confidence. It may be that he lacks confidence, but I haven’t seen or heard evidence that’s true.

Still no announcement?

The all important #AnnounceGravenberch cringe videos need to be done. And then the interviews

Just film Klopp giving him the shirt number and get him onto the training field FFS.

Yeah , Burnley announcements are even more cringe.

1 Like

Knowing us it’ll come at 11:01pm, love to drag an announcement and keep everyone waiting does LFC.

Has he even arrived yet?

The plane has to stop off in Rennes to pick up Theate

2 Likes

Good idea

If he only he had played 20 odd games in EPL and cost double what we paid…

The opinions might be different

4 Likes

I like the signing. Brian Gravy boat, get in!

All the tools are there in terms of athletic gifts. Press resistant, good passer, can do a bit of everything. He can be shaped to whatever Jurgen requires. We all see more of an 8 than a 6, but it looks like we are evolving away from the traditional role that a 6 might do.

I’m hopeful with this one. Good luck to the fella!

The price is good too. If he settles in and performs, he will be worth double what we paid, or more, within a year.

1 Like

I’ll wait to see on this.

Underwhelming apparently but maybe he will find his smile soon :person_shrugging:t2::see_no_evil:

Literally the only time I have watched him was that 8 mins whilst our match was on on Sunday and the booking.

I saw a fair bit of him at Ajax.

Was struggling to see who he resembles. But I think he does have some similarities with Pogba (Atleast Pogba the footballer where he showed glimpses of being with the manures rather than how he actually played 80% of the time).

Carries the ball reasonably well , tackles well… Passes are also decent.

Nothing great but all things decent. Jack of all trades , master of none.

1 Like

Is it @Sweeting who coined the term ?

And the last time I was this meh on a transfer was when Liverpool bought Gini.

3 Likes

I think the Gini comparison is not a bad one. There are questions about his defensive side, both in terms of vision and work rate, but with the ball he has the same sort of ability to glue it to his foot and retain it under pressure, spinning away to find space. Unlike Gini he looks more progressive in his passing and likes to run into space with it.

The big question for me, beyond learning the defensive side, is will he figure out how to get involved or will the games just pass him by

2 Likes

End of the day if he delivers it’s a good price again.

Would say that for all 4 this summer, Dom and Maca were the only two I knew a lot about mind.

1 Like

This is where I have the question as well. He’s a bit too passive for me.

His on the ball play is pretty good. I have some reservations on whether he’ll put in the hardwork off the ball.

3 Likes

@GermanRed

I’m reading that he is called up for the Dutch U21.