Ryan Gravenberch (CM) From Bayern Munich

They don’t want to sell but player has a problem with Tuchel and we’re still asking about him so their position could still change (basically)

Bayern want trying to convince him to stay, but Klopp and LFC pushing hard apparently.

Given how much we bid for Caicedo/Lavia I’d say having another midfielder following from the very cheap and short term Endo signing would not be a big surprise. The money’s there and they clearly want a long term solution in place for the holding midfield spot.

Who doesn’t :roll_eyes:

Thanks @ZinedineBiscan (though you gave me a scare) and @SixpenceNun

This makes no sense after the Endo signing. If we want him we should be getting a starting DM. I don’t think it’s a good idea to have Endo as our first choice DM which he surely would be?

How unusual, he’s never had any problems with players before…

4 Likes

I was totally convinced that we got Gakpo as a winger where he played at PSV and did not like it at all.

Klopp saw a false 9 in him, perhaps he sees a DM in Gravenberch …

3 Likes

I don’t see him being a DM. He can slot into the #6 position but that doesn’t make him a DM.

We’ve got atleast 5 people (apart from Clark) who can make a point for 2 #8 positions.

Klopp has said several times this system doesnt need a DM in the style of a single pivot. Assuming we are trying to stick with this set up it means there is a much larger group of players who are used to playing as one in a double pivot who are natural fits for what he is looking for.

2 Likes

Let’s say Endo gets injured. We are then back to square one with playing 8s in this position.

Wouldn’t Bajcetic be able to cover

Both Mac and Jones have looked very effective in the role. Both Baj and Thiago are natural fits for it

1 Like

Thiago , Bajcetic fit into the #6 role. It’s given that Thiago is an injury liability. But when fit , he’s still the first choice pick.

1 Like

Can I close this thread an open a new one? I’m asking for Joh-… For a friend!

Double pivoting…gravenberch has all the attributes for that role. I’d have him in.

Friends Lol GIF by Max

Someone Klopp likes at a decent price, makes sense to go for it. :crossed_fingers:

I’m fascinated by this aspect because when you watch us play recently you could swear we need an extra body in midfield, and they sit. We are so open to a long pass into the wing / channel, particularly on TAA’s side it’s a bit embarrassing.

I’ll be honest, I don’t really get the Gravenberch interest, he would seem to be coming in to directly compete with Jones and Elliott for minutes behind Mac and Szobo, meanwhile we have a 30yo from the Bundesliga coming in to be our starting DM… something doesn’t add up for me.

We also apparently only have 1 non-homegrown squad place left available after Endo signs, so if we did go for Gravenberch it would seem to rule out further moves for Doucoure, Andre, Theate and others we’ve been linked to recently.

1 Like

I assume it’s the rotation of the CM.

McAllister can also do that role. But maybe Klopp wants a more fluid CM rather than one that says this your position stick to it.

I really don’t think Andre is anyway credible even though it came from credible types. Not seen a link to Theate.

Though would limit a move on Doucare as you said and a CB. Though knowing this it’s all bollocks and we sign someone else out of the blue. At the moment I think that’s the clubs thinking to try and do deals swiftly and out of the blue. Endo and Dom as well as Caciedo to be fair.

1 Like

The Theate thing is in L’Equip apparently (I saw it repeated in the Mirror today).

1 Like