Should GermanRed be taken off match thread duties?

Following today’s result, match thread duties should be passed to @Kopstar in perpetuity.

Or until we lose. Whatever.

2 Likes

Not a fan of this.

@Kopstar should save his energy for Brighton and not waste it on Preston (no disrespect to them - it’s the competition).

I think it’s obvious now that the trick is to not let the same person open threads every game. One and you done!

4 Likes

I’m not a believer in superstition so apologies if I ruffled any feathers starting the United pre-match thread. My ‘record’ is fairly decent. I’ve started three PL pre-match threads on TAN.

Away to City (1-1)
Home to West Ham (2-0)
Away to United (0-5)

7 points from those fixtures with a goal difference of +7 isn’t too shabby.

But as I say, I don’t go in for this superstitious stuff so my ‘record’ is irrelevant and meaningless.

Except for yesterday. That result was totally down to me. :rofl:

1 Like

This thread been busy :flushed:

I have my eye on you!

Black Cat GIF

You’d think a 5-0 hammering of the traditional old enemy in their own back yard would allow me at least a bit of slack… :rofl:

I think you’re safe with the away matches. Heck, take the league matches and spread the wealth around

it’ll be like Survivor. they’re yours until you lose.

EPL games away - Kopstar (definitely the harder task)
EPL games home - German Red
Mickey Mouse Cup - ???
FA Cup - ???
Champions League - ???

Shall we take nominations now?

being brutally honest I dont really care who opens a matchday thread unless there is growing evidence of some hoodoo that they are clearly bringing to performances, players health etc.

I do however have one demand. Make an effort to at least make it entertaining in some way. A Geoffrey Boycott style pre match thread will simply not do.

Other than that I’ll take any opportunity going for a bit of a giggle.

Pfff, I opened the pre-match thread on TIA before the famous Barca come-back game. A measly 5 nil at Old Trafford can’t beat that.

(seriously now: well done! :wink: :laughing:)

2 Likes

Matchday thread please :grin:

1 Like

It’s a home game. I’m scheduled in for 1 December :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Where is @Quicksand :laughing:

Where’s the match day thread :worried:

That turned out alright again, eh?

7 Likes

with great power comes great responsibility

With that said - don’t waste your power on the CL.

The effect is seen in the post match threads… :joy:

It’s ridiculous with all the money FSG makes, we are not investing in tried and proven match thread starters… I mean our current ones are blowing hot and cold and are mostly old fogeys. We need to invest in the next generation of match thread starters. Where’s the money FSG?

3 Likes

This starting threads malarkey is a piece of piss…

4 Likes

Kopstar.

Started 6 Won 5 Drawn 1 GF 20 GA 2 GD +18 Pts 16

Home Started 3 Won 3 GF 10 GA 0 GD +10 Pts 9
Away Started 3 Won 2 Drawn 1 GF 10 GA 2 GD +8 Pts 7

A) City 1-1
H) West Ham 2-0
A) United 0-5
H) Arsenal 4-0
H) Southampton 4-0
A) Everton 1-4

like a boss swag GIF