The all-new NFL Thread

I have absolutely zero doubt that the Patriots will run the board and make the playoffs.

My Raiders are a frustrating team. We are pretty terrible generally but have beaten the 10-2 Saints, 11-1 Chiefs and 8-3 Browns while getting blown out 43-6 to the 4-8 Falcons and needing a late second hail mary to beat the 0-11 Jets. My gut feeling is we are closer to a bad team than a good team - we have no pass rush or secondary. The QB has a ceiling of good and a floor of abysmal. Henry Ruggs can barely get a touch of the ball.

1 Like

Can you make the same prediction for our next opponents, please?

(Checks schedule)

Actually; don’t bother.

3 Likes

Doesn’t the state constitution say that you now must be a Red Sox/Celtics fan who cheers for the Patriots?

3 Likes

Luckily my wife and all the in-laws absolutely hate the Patriots.

2 Likes

You really want Ole?

2 Likes

Pittsburgh lose two in a row… getting tight in the AFC now, although the Chiefs are obviously still the team to beat.

2 Likes

Plus the Bears are now back on track to win it all.

2 Likes

Trubisky making a late run for MVP. Going to be close between Patrick, Lamar, and Mitchell.

Big Bills fan. Nice to win the East after 25 years lol. I was in elementary school when the bills made their superbowl run in early 90s, thought it was normal, and then they’ve been dismal for so long!

Hope we get to see Bills Chiefs in AFC champ game, we’re in with a shout. Allen has been dealing fire all season. Didn’t see it coming!

2 Likes

I warned you. Ignore the Bears at your own peril. Next year is their year again.

2 Likes

One of my close friends is a massive Bills fan. In our younger days we worked together and he hated what he did. He just wanted to read. We were at a Vegas sports book watching the Bills vs Raiders. The Bills won that one and he went nuts. Ran around hugging everyone. I asked him how much he had bet and he said all of it. Quit the next day, became a mailman, read a lot, and is now a high school principal.

Congrats. Hope they do well.

2 Likes

Da Bears may never lose again. I knew this day would come even though some say I fold.

1 Like

David Montgomery has me dreaming of Neal Anderson.

This is the stuff of ultimately destroyed dreams.

Mentality monsters of the Midway

1 Like

Easy money. The Rams suck.

1 Like

Fix it. I need the Rams to beat the Cardinals in two weeks.

If we beat Seattle next week, we’ll lose to AZ. Conversely, a defeat next week means we obliterate the Cardinals.

After 35 years following the Rams, I know how they operate.

1 Like

It’s actually ridiculous that the Pats have won as many games as they have. I looked through your roster yesterday and something like 50% of them were undrafted, including over half your skill position players.

1 Like

Yeah Bill Belichick is unrivalled at getting the best of limited players but he shouldn’t be in charge of drafting as he just wastes so many picks. Having said that he is just so good at the other part of his job that it often doesn’t matter. The opt-outs this year, losing Brady and bring Newton so late was just a bit much to overcome.

Last two drafts your early round picks have been Kyle Dugger, Josh Uche, Anfernee Jennings, Devin Asiasi, Dalton Keene, N’Keal Harry, Joejuan Williams, Chase Winovich, Damien Harris & Yodny Cajuste. Not many hits in there - Winovich the best?

I am happy to see the Colts doing well. They have a good QB and appear to be getting a running game together (how they ever lost that is the wonder).

1 Like