The all-new NFL Thread

I wonder how many sphincters tightened like a mofo when he did this?

1 Like

Brady is a massive arsehole but getting shitfaced and acting like a dick on a boat was the most relatable he’s ever been.

1 Like

I only have a passing interest at times so not sure about players, unless they fuck up in a major way ie Vicks or Aaron Hernandez.

Why is Brady such a massive arsehole?

I get the Trump support leaving a mark.

In regards to the 2nd bit, whilst it initially looks bad, is he actually the one running the company and making those sort of decisions? or is that being done by his agent/accountant/bussiness manager?

Not trying to make excussing or pass blame just trying to learn why those who dislike him have such strong feeling about the guy, when there seems to be a lot of other players that appear to be far worse.

I hate Jon Gruden. Everything we have done this off-season has been a bad move.

John Brown, Yannick Ngakoue, Quinton Jefferson, Kenyan Drake, Solomon Thomas… An utterly bizarre use of funds (particularly spending $14.5m on a back up RB).

On the other side we lose the best centre in the league, Rodney Hudson, for a measly 3rd round pick. A very capable young RG in Gabe Jackson for a 5th.

We went into the offseason with a capable offence and terrible defence. We come out of it with a severely weakened offence and a still terrible defence.

Draft starts today. I love the NFL draft. That’s all.

All those who don’t get why, imaging LFC getting to select youngster who could come in and was good enough to start for lfc next year in position of need, and level of interest/scrutiny that would come with that selection.

I don’t really agree with ‘amateur’ aspect of college sports (universities make millions selling college athletics), I love pouring over and trying to figure out who will go where and what it means to league.

1 Like

It’s simultaneously ridiculous and entertaining. The level of excitement around the early picks is often laughable a few years later when 50% are out of the league but its undeniably exciting when you’re team picks up a player you believe is “the guy”. Half the standards they measure players by are absolute nonsense - measuring hands width, running 40 yards in a straight line with no pads on etc… all that stuff is just ludicrous.

Anyway here’s my predictive first round…

1. Jags - Trevor Lawrence (QB Clemson): I’ve got him as QB2 in the draft but its hard to go with anyone else and keep your job as the GM.
2. Jets - Zach Wilson (QB BYU): I think overhyped but he’s very marketable for NY. Talented but poor at reading the field.
3. 49ers - Trey Lance (QB North Dakota State): I don’t get it, he played at a lower level and wasn’t dominant but it seems the NFL are in love with his skill set.
4. WFT (Trade Up) - Justin Fields (QB Ohio State): A bunch of teams try to trade up for the #4 pick now that 49ers passed on Fields. Washington have a great roster so feel fine giving up a haul get the best QB in the draft.
5. Bengals - Penei Sewell (OT Oregon): Bengals need to protect Burrow and Sewell is probably the best OL prospect since Quenton Nelson.
6. Dolphins - Kyle Pitts (TE Florida): Possibly the best player in the draft, Dolphins upgrade a good offence into a potentially great one.
7. Lions - Rashawn Slater (OT Northwestern): Tried to find a trade down but nothing stood out. A bit high for Slater but he will start day one.
8. Panthers - Ja’Marr Chase (WR LSU): As good an opportunity as any to give Darnold more weapons. Chase won’t be a star day one but will develop into the best WR in this class.
9. Bears (Trade Up) - Mac Jones (QB Alabama): Bears panic with 4 QBs off the board already and trade up to get ahead of the Patriots. Broncos see more value sticking with Lock.
10. Cowboys - Patrick Surtain II (CB Alabama): It fits, they need a CB and Surtain is a big name. Cowboys always take big names.
11. Giants - Jaylen Waddle (WR Alabama): Speed kills so Giants take Waddle over Smith. Wrong move in my eyes.
12. Eagles - DeVonta Smith (WR Alabama): Stud WR, I think he will be a star from day one and a future all-pro.
13. Chargers - Christian Darrisaw (OT Virginia Tech): Chargers OL is the weakest position group in the league, would be shocking if they don’t take highest ranked OL on the board.
14. Browns (Trade Up) - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (LB Notre Dame): LB1, often acted as single coverage for an entire side of the field for Notre Dame. Browns have a stacked roster and can give up some picks to move up for their man.
15. Patriots - Micah Parsons (LB Penn State): He’s raw but has undeniable athletic talent which Pats are adept at getting the most from.
16. Cardinals - Caleb Farley (CB Virginia Tech): Rangey CB, probably CB3 in reality but 16 is a bit rich to risk on Jaycee Horn because of his injuries.
17. Raiders - Teven Jenkins (OT Oklahoma State): Raiders had a stellar OL at the end of 2020 but predictably they blew it up for no reason. Jenkins starts at RT completing the rebuild.
18. Dolphins - Sam Cosmi (OT Texas): Dolphins have a hole at RT and were beaten to the punch on Sewell, going one pick before them at 5. Cosmi has all-pro potential.
19. Falcons - Jaelen Phillips (ED Miami): The tape on this guy is really good. He’s an elite prospect despite his health issues. Had he not been forced to retire previously he would be a top 5 prospect.
20. Broncos - Alijah Vera-Tucker (OT USC): Can start day one, likely at RG, although his ceiling is limited.
21. Colts - Kwity Paye (ED Michigan): Lots of raw potential to work with, he’s a physical freak but didn’t produce on the field. Colts are the perfect team to develop that.
22. Titans - Rashod Bateman (WR Minnesota): Corey Davis has gone and they could use a big bodied receiver. Bateman is shiftier and more talented than Davis.
23. Jets - Jaycee Horn (CB South Carolina): Without the injury he is the possible QB1 of this draft. Jets have some depth in their backfield and can take the chance. No intriguing tackle talents available until round 2.
24. Steelers - Creed Humphrey (C Oklahoma): Seems a logical fit. Center is underrated but Humphrey is plug and play, greatly reducing the pain of losing Pouncey.
25. Jaguars - Trevon Moehrig (S TCU): Holes all over this team, Moehrig has big play ability and it probably the best player available.
26. Vikings - Dillon Radunz (OT North Dakota State): This is a reach but Vikings need help on the o-line, as so many do, and Radunz is the kind of hard nosed player they value.
27. Ravens - Elijah Moore (WR Mississippi): This would be a huge pickup. Electric receiver who can go outside or in the slot. Jackson will value having this kind of help.
28. Saints - Asante Samuel Jr (CB Florida State): Very solid corner back, man cover, can’t go wrong with this pick and makes for a very talented backfield with Lattimore.
29. Packers - Zaven Collins (LB Tulsa): Outrageously talented. He was productive for a bad Tulsa team and has the size/speed/strength matrix the NFL wants nailed.
30. Bills - Christian Barmore (DI Alabama): Almost seems too obvious. Bills have a strong roster but an elite interior defensive lineman could push them to be the best defence in the league.
31. Ravens - Azeez Ojulari (ED Georgia): Exactly the kind of talent the Ravens like. He’s a project but can become a very strong edge rusher.
32. Buccaneers - Najee Harris (RB Alabama): No holes on this roster so they can take a first round RB. Harris has potential to be next Derrick Henry style power back.

I think that the 49ers will be mad to pass up on Fields, who I think is the best QB in the draft, but everything points at them doing it.

2 Likes

Love it. As bills fan, I want bills to come away with a DE, CB, and an Oline with first 3 picks, but so hard to say with first pick at 30. Very unfamiliar territory for us lol.

1 Like

Aaron Rodgers grenade chucked on the morning of the draft. Not shy of attention that guy and could certainly be a cat amongst the pigeons tonight.

It’s great. I’m a pig rolling in :poop: at this point.

I fucking hate being a Raiders fan…

Love the Bears draft. Fields and Jenkins - I think that’s two home run hits.

There are no words to describe how I feel about that Rams pick. We have needs on the o-line, at linebacker and in the secondary… so let’s reach for a fourth or fifth choice wide receiver.

I mean, WT actual F??? :rage:

Still, at least he’ll have a good song. Or he would do if we had any fans.

3 Likes

Happy with bills draft so far. Hopefully one of those DEs can rush the passer.

2 DE’s for Colts so far. They look good but Colts also need to score.
I think the defeat to the Bills is leading this where the pressure on the QB wasn’t sufficient however as I said another problem was not scoring when the opportunities arrose. As I said at the time the OL and DL looked good. I can only suppose that there’s still no decent back field players coming through.

Terrible first round pick in Alex Leatherwood but somewhat made better by the Moehrig pick in round 2. Haven’t heard of the two guys we took in round 3 although a few analysts are very excited about the LB we took there.

Really surprised how far JOK fell. He’s an elite talent who was tasked with playing an entire side of the field alone at times for Notre Dame.

Davis Mills makes sense for Houston despite the initial reaction of pundits to be like “wHaT dOeS tHiS mEaN fOr WaTsOn?” We know what it means and we knew months ago. He’s more likely to be starring in the real life version of The Longest Yard than playing for the Texans next season.

This is getting confusing no 3rd round pick for the Colts, some straegic thinking that a rookie like me will probably never understand. Something about not falling too low in the order or something.

Jones looks like he will have no issue becoming everyone’s most hated player very quickly.

I have been slowly looking through Colts draft. Most interesting to me is the round 6 pick Sam Ehlinger QB. He sits in the pocket and that I think was lacking last season. Phillip Rivers didn’t have confidence in the OL and would start to desert the pocket too soon (imo of course) this caused immense problems at the start of the season. Here Colts have a QB who moves correctly, needs to improve his throwing from what I can see but that isn’t something the Colts coaching staff can’t help with.

Bills did same thing, 2 DE to start draft off, after not getting any pressure on Mahomes lol. Pass rush can always be better.