The Cricket Thread

Fair point. But many people get a bit twitchy when Aussies start to critisize the kiwis.

Apparently it’s considered bullying or some bullshit

One cricket fan who won’t remember the game… :0)

1 Like

And he is no doubt the lucky one

1 Like

Was that filmed on the opening day and he was on a bet to down a pint every time a wicket fell?

:thinking:

2 Likes

New ball, new hope. Going to have to bat much better than dogshit even if the wickets tumble.

Great anecdote on TMS. On an Ashes tour down under, Mullally and Tufnel caught a 5ft shark. Brought it back to the England hotel and tucked it into Atherton’s bed :rofl:

Apparently Atherton doesn’t have a sense of smell either.

Wicket! Finally!

Great hundred from Mitchell, on the honours board!

2 in 2!?!

Yes!

NZ now 242 ahead with 4 wickets left.

3 in 3!!

Stuart Broad making things happen here.

242 ahead with 3 wickets left.

Unfortunately, NZ already have too many for this England team.

NZ 5th wicket partnership 195. Either side of that, they’re 191 for 16. Batty.

1 Like

Reminds me a bit of Gooch on the Headingly pitches in the 90’s where he would be hiiting centuries, and everyone else barely got into double figures.

1 Like

So, 277 to win. Hmm.

50/50.

England will be all out for under 200.
There’s no reason why they shouldn’t get 280. It’s only the third day, but we all know they will collapse horribly at some point.

1 Like

You’re probably right but the pitch looks to have got easier. It’s the new ball that’s causing difficulties so if England can make it through 30 overs no more than 2 down, I think there’s a good chance.

1 Like

The problem is in their heads.

Yeah was it 70/1 on the first day, I can’t remember many chances eithier and yet they end up 141 all out.

That’s utterly garbage.

*75/1 even worse

3 Likes

Can we find someone to commentate…who interacts with the crowd…and has a bit of a sense of humour…don’t mind watching…but Nasser is a bit droney as is Michael Atherton…but anyway…1 of ours has gone…

TMS!!! Never listen to Sky commentary when you have Aggers on the radio.

3 Likes

Painfully predictable.

Problem with listening to TMS and watching Sky is one will be ahead of the other. Not something I see anyone mentioning.

1 Like

Same old story.

Particularly annoyed with Bairstow. They have so much time. It’s not the bloody IPL!

NZ basically need one more wicket.

1 Like

You can pause TMS for 2 balls :wink: And that’s just on my stream at work, much less straight off the satellite I guess.

1 Like

26% of Jonny Bairstow’s Test dismissals have been bowled.

Of all the players to bat as often in Test cricket as Bairstow, only two players (Courtney Walsh and Gundappa Viswanath) have a higher bowled percentage than the Englishman.

1 Like

That’s a big let-off