The Cricket Thread

Stokes not being a responsible captain at the moment

I think England is favored to win at this point.

Amused Jeff Goldblum GIF

NZ need one more wicket and it’s over.

England need at least one of these to get a century.

1 Like

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

:rofl:

1 Like

sick julie andrews GIF

I think it’s 50-50 at the moment. Make as much as possible before the second new ball.

NZ have lost one of their players, Colin de Grandhomme, to injury…although probably not one of their most important bowlers.

I can see the argument that someone might be mildly confident that Stokes and Root can get this over the line, but the fear is no matter how close these two get to the target, if one of them goes you feel they’ll go in quick order.

2 Likes

Fuck sake, and here is the test of that theory. 18 runs might have been too much to the leave to the rest of this lot. 118 runs…

You still think I’m wrong? @Kopstar @redfanman

Yes.

90% chance of NZ win.

Yes, at the time you said it certainly. And it’s not looking favourable to England now, either.

1 Like

61 runs or 5 wickets… anyone know what Potts batting is like as that tail looks week.

You wouldn’t want the rest to have to make more than 30

No, I reckon Potts could probably dig in but I really wouldn’t trust the others with blocking out, though Parkinson always seemed a good tail ender on cricket captain :rofl:

Broad hasn’t been able to be bat since that injury. If Root is there at the end you’ve got to fancy England if he goes with still 25 short then I’d back NZ.

I’d probably back them with 10 left, effectively this partnership is the one.

Root has to remain not out

This pair need to add at least 30 before the next wicket

New ball is due in 15 overs

Not impossible, but NZ still favourites

You still don’t believe me? :thinking:

Don’t think England have been favourites at any point in the match since they lost their first wicket in the first innings.

There’s a chance now, but they’re still not favourites.

England can win this before NZ get a crack at the new ball.

Englands game to lose from here. Old ball and the wicket becoming better for batting and a target <50