The Cricket Thread

Game has got a bit better.
Commentators have spent all day going on about England’s improved fielding and then they drop a couple of sitters.

240 all out first innings would be nice.

I was going to say that Root would have snaffled the one Crawley dived in front for, but then he dropped a sitter.

Delighted to see Foakes with the gloves this series though. He’s by far our most natural glovesman since Russell. Please England, don’t drop him when Buttler comes back. Play them both.

[“snaffled” I’m sure I’ve only ever used that word when talking about cricket catches]

…and pork scratchings I’d imagine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/58516603?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=62a3800cf755a85722b1ddf3%26%262022-06-10T17%3A37%3A04.972Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:a187f76b-1617-4670-b096-30332c8be0cd&pinned_post_asset_id=62a3800cf755a85722b1ddf3&pinned_post_type=share

Umm…this is quite obviously Crawley’s catch. You learn that in U12s that the gap between you and the next slip fielder to the right is your area (assuming your right is your strong hand).

2 Likes

Leach is a likeable chap, no doubt, but he is not an international cricketer.
Hopefully this is the last time Stokes puts the opposition in.
Well played New Zealand. They really are an excellent test team. If they had a top spinner they’d be unbeatable.

2 Likes

Leach will live long in the memory after THAT innings with Stokes, jolly well done sir. There’s teenagers at our club who are more threatening spinning the ball though.

1 Like

So depressed with this now I’ve started stock taking and put Rush on.

1 Like

500 on the board soon. I’d be tempted to keep batting. Weather set fair and loads of time left. Don’t declare, just give it the long handle now. England looking flatter than a hedgehog that’s lost an argument with a lorry’s tyre. At 60. Fully loaded.

This match is the absolute worst prediction I’ve ever made. Sorry everyone, I feel responsible somehow :pensive:

I think Ben Stokes was thinking the same to be fair.

England batting for more than 36 overs, stunning.

NZ have dropped 3-4 catches yesterday.

Next hour is crucial.

England need to survive the new ball in order to have a chance of saving the match. It looked a bit ominous before tea.

My predicting is back on track

Least they avoided the follow on

I jokingly said to a mate this morning that I’d take 400-4. Tong was firmly in cheek.

Stokes you absolute bernard.

1 Like

Totally stupid by Stokes. Absolutely unnecessary and now England have no chance of matching NZ score.
Completely irresponsible.

Everything on Root’s shoulders again. Poor sod!

Foakes can bat though. There’s not a lot of time left in the game if either side is to force a win. We had to pick up the pace.