The Cricket Thread

It’s a Test match. Our aim is to get as close as possible to the NZ total. Everything was going well and there was no need to try and hit every ball out of the ground.
Now we are likely to end up 100 down on first innings and there’s no chance of winning from there.

1 Like

We can easily draw level now, they bat third (the match deciding innings) leaving us 220 to chase on the last day :slight_smile:

Easily?

135 to get. 1 more wicket and they’re into our tail.

Our tail will be epic today, rattle them off in 20 overs max :slight_smile: Oh and Root’s still in.

Your blind optimism is amusing, but it doesn’t alter the fact that Stokes fucked up.

As I said. There’s nothing blind about being an optimistic sports fan, we’ve all seen our teams do the impossible. £50 on 4-0 ahem.

Batting at Test level is about tactics and decision making based on the match situation, state of the pitch and a number of other factors. That’s why it’s fascinating and absorbing.
Slogging is for limited overs, or in certain situations.
It was a stupid shot and I doubt he would disagree.

It was in his arc though.

@Bekloppt As I said.

Root out of this world.

Great stuff. England’s aim has to be to get as near as possible. Could still be a 50 run lead for either side.
NZ still slight favourites, but it’s great to see a bit of fight from England.

2 Likes

Good to have a test match that’s open going into day 4 especially with decent weather.

1 Like

England to get a 100 ish run lead and NZ to be 8 down for 160 at stumps.

Hopefully.

1 Like

Root just played a reverse scoop against Southee for 6 off his second ball of the day. Fuck me.

Fun’s over. Root finally gives a catch on 176. England 516/6.

Shame. Probably prevents a Foakes ton too :frowning:

Yeh…Stuart Broad at 8…sheesh. That’s so bad.

And he’s gone for 9.

It looked like England would get a slight lead while Root was still there. Oh well.

By the way, what a fantastic bowler Boult is.

Seems a cracker of a wicket to bat on. Well guess, that’s one way to ensure a series isn’t lost.

Jimmy reverse sweep!

It would have been a different story if so many catches hadn’t been dropped.

2 Likes