The Cricket Thread

Crawley gone… :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Im watching the Sri Lanka v Australia match. Some of the shots in that over from Hasaranga were pretty nice. :joy:

Crawley looks like a dead man walking at the moment.

I haven’t been impressed with either of the openers so far this series. Is Crawley related to either of the two Crawley’s who used to play for Lancashire and Notts?

Uh oh. Root gone for 3.

56/3 now, still 243 to win. Think that’s gone now. Time to play less expansively.

With Bairstow and Stokes coming in?

1 Like

They can’t and won’t I don’t think. Might be proven wrong but I can’t see Jimmy blocking out past 6pm.

It’ll be a draw (reverse-jinxing)

That’s like bringing out a Ferrari and a Lamborghini and putting them on a 20mph speed limit

:joy:

3 Likes

Told you :grin:

Most boundaries in test history. This has been utterly marmalising. Cook on TMS “I’m probably the least qualified person in the world to comment on this, like playing Brian Lara’s cricket on cheat mode.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/58516706?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=62a8b135a48d0547a34c030d%26%262022-06-14T16%3A05%3A07.007Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:2fd74010-dda4-4296-bf76-0236c6226a4e&pinned_post_asset_id=62a8b135a48d0547a34c030d&pinned_post_type=share

1 Like

I’m grinning like a Cheshire Cat :grin:

1 Like

Single figures

I’ve made some brilliant calls this match :joy:

Annoyingly, I nearly went today. FFS

Will have to put my decision not to down as another shit call :rofl:

1 Like

Stokes turning doubters into believers

2 Likes

You’re not the only one.

2 Likes

What does that feel like for the Kiwis?

They played well, scored a ton of runs and yet end up conceding 160 runs from 16 overs. How do they recover from that?

1 Like

They won’t. Not this series. Also Jamieson is injured, not sure if he’ll be back for the third test. They might not risk him given that the series is over

Not having him today was a big plus for England. He’s a quality bowler plus the other quick got tired carrying the load he’d be shouldering

1 Like