The Cricket Thread

No way the Kiwis are coming back imto this one. These knocks kick the stuffing out of ppl.

That may be the unluckiest shot in the history of cricket.

2 Likes

Why? They could still end up with a 30 run first innings lead.

Doesn’t mean much even if they end up squeaking a first innings lead. They’ll know that Bairstow/Stokes/Overton come in after the ball has lost its shine and then play ODI mode.

And they have Mitchell and Blundell.

The teams are very evenly matched, which is what has made the series so interesting.

The kiwis are no more dead and buried than England are.

1 Like

When the ball was swinging for Boult it looked like our batters who got bowled were playing too deep in the crease to negate the swing. Seemed a bit odd given that they regularly face swing bowling in county cricket (though not the pedigree of Trent Boult)

Slow start this morning

It’s an important phase. These two have to reestablish themselves and take England past the NZ total. If a wicket falls there’s not much left.

Gutted for Overton but 97 on debut at no.8 having come in at 55/6 is a magnificent knock.

1 Like

Broad’s smashing it to all parts now. Scores are LEVEL.

England are 329/7 off only 61 overs :astonished:

NZ took 117.3 overs.

1 Like

Crazy I what’s happened I saw 60/6 or something and left it for the day looked at the end of the day and I was like did I imagine that score before?

1 Like

Stuart Broad getting into the 30’s… When have i last seen that. Just bounce him or is Wagner not playing this ?

1 Like

Didnt need to jinx him :rofl:

Looking all set for Bairstow to go hell bent for leather now and getting the lead to 400 in double quick time. That’ll be ideal for England.

Cheers @Sithbare :man_facepalming:t3:

England all out for 360 off 67 overs, a lead of 31.

PLEASE no jinxing next time :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

This is why I don’t go in the in match thread and have started to ignore the PL one during direct rivals matches.

Man Utd seemed beyond it, then again they aren’t really a direct rival currently

1 Like

JB is currently making peak Suarez look like Diouf.

I’m a bit concerned he’s having to fill in for Foakes, hope it doesn’t affect his batting in the second innings

For all the bluster NZ are in a good position. Probably on top as it stands.

There will be rain.

2 Likes