The Cricket Thread

Simon Mann
BBC Test Match Special

“Jonny Bairstow is clapping his gloves together as if they’re symbols.”

Oh dear :slightly_frowning_face: Cardus and Arlott turn in their graves.

I think English bowlers often get caught out pitching too short.

They seem to have corrected it. Most BBC online commentators seem to be illiterate.

2 Likes

I know ‘Bumble’s’ finished commentating…but can we find someone who engages with the crowd and someone who likes to joke with crowd…we lost the best…Warney n Bumble…they may have crossed the line at times…but more often than not…the crowd loved em.

3 Likes

Lancashire usually play one game a season at Aigburth (Liverpool Cricket Club).

2 Likes

I loved dearly departed Bob Willis’ commentary, especially after England did badly.

“Well Charles (host on Sky cricket) where to begin, an absolute dismal display…”

2 Likes

I have to say I used to enjoy the review a lot, not really the same without him (if they still do it).

Anyhow set up for a decent finish.

Huh?

He’s talking about the Test Review after each day on Sky Sports. I agree, I don’t watch it since Bob passed away

1 Like

They should dig up Ritchie. Even just using his voice recording would be an improvement on some of the current crop of illiterate ex-players.

Athers and Nasser are still decent. Really missing Warnie’s commentary :cry: he really was quality

1 Like

Warnie understood the game of cricket and so his stuff was always quite insightful especially away from the Australian games.

3 Likes

Criticism of Sky commentators. TMS folks, greatest thing the BBC ever did and does. Henry and Geoff have gone but the new guard do a very good job.

Bit boring…and they do waffle on…I know they have to entertain the officiandos…but the everyday viewer needs a bit of comedy…

1 Like

Jesus it’s those two again?!?! 5 down and we hit this roadblock

1 Like

One brings three, positivity :slight_smile:

1 Like

Problem it’s completely out of sync or is this just me?

Yes, you can pause the TMS stream or Sky to suit. Sky to house via dish is live, TMS on DAB is live but the streams can be wildly out.

I like isa guha and her commentary of the newer lot.

1 Like

Stunning fielding, absolutely brilliant

were not worthy waynes world GIF

1 Like