The Cricket Thread

England in danger of wasting a great position here. Not sure why Stokes decided to go hell for leather from the off again with so much time left in the game.

3 Likes

That’s this England all over, lucky to get 50 ahead when they should have been going for at least 250 especially at 82-2

1 Like

Hope I’m not jinxing it but Foakes can bat and is in form. And Robinson is handy with the willow as well

3 Likes

Shhh…

I was going say the same but my predictions have been so bad recently.

1 Like

Hopefully enough left there to get England 75ish+ runs ahead. Other than Elgar and some lower order slogging I don’t see much resistance being put up by the South Africans.

2 Likes

Fuck’s sake I jinxed it right and proper didn’t I :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Ok there’s still a chance, 4 down with a tiny lead.

Anybody care to guess what our game plan is here?

Excited Lets Go GIF by Mind Pump Media

If Lees jumped and “headed” that bouncer from Jansen so that it went over the keeper for a four…would that be allowed as byes?

I assume so.

No, if you don’t try to hit the ball with the bat or try to avoid the ball, no runs are scored.

1 Like

Makes sense. Otherwise it’s not punishing unsportsmanlike behaviour.

It’s just not cricket :smirk:

1 Like

Fair I hadn’t a clue suppose if you could make out you were going for a shot.

I know you’ll definitely be given out of you block a run out attempt at the stumps

Crawley securing his place for the next five years with that 50. Well played.

They’ve done what they needed to do. Seen too many England teams come out and try and block.

Looking at those pictures, how the hell is that bad light. Must have been a dreadfully premature reading yesterday.

Suggestion it was, it’s always brighter than it looks mind, but yeah I said they needed to be careful with it due to the day lost, evidently they didn’t which is silly.

Anyhow afternoon changed this game on its head as much as the morning looked like it was going the other.

The joy of test cricket.

Not entirely true if you’re making an honest attempt to get “in”

I once did the opposite, I dived to get in and deflected the ball onto the stumps which broke the bails before I was in. Rare one that.

1 Like

Oh yeah of course that’s not an issue at all.

It’s the deliberate one that’s going to be given out. Rare indeed: