The Cricket Thread

Great summer of Test cricket. It’s been fantastic entertainment.
Looking forward to seeing England on tour.

1 Like

Whens the next Ashes tour in Australia? :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Might make it to a one dayer in November

2 Likes

Well that was an amazing effort by the Pakistan openers. I didn’t think they had a hope but 200 unbeaten off 20 overs :flushed:

1 Like

Stunning knocks from the openers. Need more pace.

1 Like

Why oh why does Willey get a game. Unless it swings he is 80mph cannon fodder. Same as Curran.

1 Like

In Pakistani conditions completely toothless. Sadly our genuine pace cadre has been decimated by injuries.

Is Tymal Mills injured too?

Duckett and Brook today, oh my. England definitely need to find a way to get Brook in particular into this team. A middle of order of him, Ali, Stokes and Livingstone is explosive to say the least.

1 Like

Definitely cannot have both in the same team. Curran has at least shown he can be competent with the bat as a bit of a pinch hitter, Willey has always way underperformed with the bat at international level. Both are useless with the ball outside of the first couple of overs when the ball might swing. I doubt either will get into the team anyway with the likely return of both Stokes and Woakes.

Supporting the Pakistan cricket team must be an absolutely mental experience.

Hell of a game there. England should have chased that down on that pitch really, Dawson did brilliantly to get them back into a position to win it.

2 Likes

Silly running at the end there. Anyhow it’s entertaining at least.

1 Like

I’ve been watching cricket for a long time.

Pakistan have always been the one team who could demolish anyone on their day but also lose to someone terrible.

They have been the most unpredictable side for decades now.

3 Likes

Talent in SPADES!

Also inconsistency in SPADES!

2 Likes

The most unpredictable side for decades except for the spot fixers.

Really annoyed me some really talented players resorted to match fixing. Mo Asif in particular. What a bowler he was! I have a soft spot for quality pace bowlers (except any Aussie ones).

3 Likes

Any comment about the “controversial” run out to end the women’s game against India?

The BBC had 2 reports on it that presented multiple POVs to express the controversy but not once in either did they call out the batter for not being more careful (or as it’s a discussion at least partly about ethics), or honest about making sure she stayed in her crease until the ball was delivered.

1 Like

Just deserts - get the basics right. It’s not that it hasn’t been well publicised so no excuses.

1 Like

Exactly. This doesn’t fall in the unsportsmanlike area. If you risk leaving your crease too early you are fair game for a run out.

Just a few weeks ago in the final test against SA the commentators on Sky were mentioning that a particular English batter needed to be careful as he was repeatedly taking a lead out of the crease before the bowler finished his delivery. Could have easily been run out.

This is no different

Excellent thread on this here.

Totally Dean’s fault, no blame on the bowler whatsoever for me.

She left her crease early 72 times before her dismissal!

Yeah, I agree even without having to get to that level of analysis. I was just really disturbed that a discussion about fairness and sportsmanship would completely ignore the lack of either in a batter leaving their crease early in a tight run chase and doing so under the protection early thinking unwritten rules of sportsmanship protected her. I dont even care where the BBC came down on the issue, but to not even raise it in the discussion on the controversy was awful.

2 Likes