The Cricket Thread

Ahem

1 Like

golden duck for Warner, golden duck for Warner

1 Like

Oof. Coming from an Englishman. They are the experts of ball tampering.

I don’t remember any English captains crying like a baby at a press conference after getting rumbled
Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

1 Like

…And one of them was Warner

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

What does this say about the absolute state of English spin bowling. A guy who’s at best a batting all rounder as our main spinner? Averages 64+? Bet the Aussies are quaking in their boots. There surely has to be a decent young lad at county level? There are a few at our club who can turn the bloody thing.

You’ve done a reverse hex

Is be using an angry emoji on your post of there was one. He’s fucking safe for the whole Ashes series now. He’ll probably score 75 here then do nothing for the whole Ashes series apart from be Broad’s bunny.

Is that a double reverse hex?

Oh he’s fluked out!

Need Smith back in the hutch in 3 overs.

India’s gonna lose this bad.

Where’s the optimism? India are very much on par right now.

2 Likes

you haven’t had enough experience of kohli in recent tests.

Goodness, a massive hole in Marnus’s defences there. Could have kicked a football through it.

Yeah, India haven’t made the most of the early conditions.

1 Like

couple of gifts from the aussies might help things though. But that’s one pet peeve of mine , expecting a side to land in some alien conditions without much acclimitazation for a WTC final. Make it a best of 3 with one home , away and neutral.

These two look comfortable. But Head is a bit of a hothead. I hope he can keep it cool and post a big score here now that they are rotating the strike nicely with the left and right hand combination.

One more wicket and India have this first innings fully by the balls.

Not making excuses , but the final for this has to be given much more priority. Imagine if India face Aus with a neutral match at Srilanka etc…

Sri Lanka is hardly neutral territory. 55km apart.

They’d have even less time to acclimatize?

For us, this is the perfect lead in into the Ashes series. Same conditions, against the second best test team after us.

1 Like