The Cricket Thread

Well England wasn’t hardly neutral territory for NZ in the last WTC finals. Another thing that NZ didn’t deserve to be in the finals in the first place

Not for India , any definitive test championship should have a best of 3 series.

It’s not a good look to start whining about the format just after lunch on the first day.
Indian players have had plenty of chance to acclimatise, same as the Aussies.

Not fair for both teams. The format is the question.

Don’t blow your load early here Head. You’ve got your eye in. Calm.

What?? You aren’t playing England. You are playing the team that are shit in English conditions!

So a contest between which team is more shit ?

You are playing to prove you are the best team in the world. If that meant you needed to play on a fucking ice runway in Antarctica, you should relish the challenge.

So let’s get the whining start when aus inevitably have to play a series in India ?

If Australia had to play England in India it would be equally difficult for both.

Australia would win because England have no spinners, but it would be fair.

The variety of conditions in different countries is part of the fascination of the game.
Personally, I find the balance between bat and ball is best in England, but watching a great spinner in India, or top quality fast bowling in Australia is compelling too.

1 Like

Like we’ve just done?

Since the last test final, India have played 3 home series, against NZ, SL, and Aus. They have played away to Bang, SA and England.

We’ve played at home 3 times against WI, SA, England. Away to India , SL, and Pakistan.

I’m comfortable that’s it’s been even and there is no need for whining from either side.

Public Investment Fund incoming…

I bet Shami and Siraj would rather bowl in England than at home.

Problem is that in Aus you need genuine pace, our pitches don’t encourage that. When we do have one it’s injuries galore.

Yawn!

Box before wicket playing a shit shot. Ramps and reverses look brilliant when you have the talent to pull them off. Otherwise you look like a colossal berk.

Once ramped a bowler for 6 although he had the very handy knack of always bowling in the same place.

If you take away the two centuries, Aus total nothing special. A couple of the Indian batters have to go big. Let’s see what you’ve got Virat :wink:

Oh what a leave by Gill. Love his face afterward as well. :joy: :joy:

After 1 1/2 days of hearing the Indian and English commentators talk up everyone else - whether English or Indian - and talk down Australia at every opportunity, and relentlessly show historic Australian losses, I’m really starting to enjoy India coming undone here. Hopefully there are plenty more English commentator tears to lick throughout this summer.

Probably a fair bit of cope, I don’t think England stand a chance this summer.

1 Like