The Cricket Thread

Reckon it will be 3-2 or 4-1 Australia. They just look superior in every department, especially if Stokes can’t bowl.

Yeah, England’s bowling is the major concern.

1 Like

Stokes grimaced visibly after taking a slip catch which necessitated him putting weight in his left knee.

If THAT causes him visible discomfort I highly doubt he’ll be bowling. Even his batting comes into question as he won’t be able to move around freely in the crease.

Wish he’d have taken a more proactive course of treatment straight after the New Zealand series instead of this “managing” malarkey.

Australia’s order from 3-7 looks really strong. If they don’t get Labuschagne and Smith early, there’s going to be some very long days in the field. Then you have Head, Green and Carey ready to come in and blam tired bowlers to all parts. Without Stokes’ bowling and a decent spinner, it just doesn’t seem viable to be able to Bazball our way to a series victory.

England being so wedded to Crawley is even more of a problem now. The only way I can see them being able to balance the side adequately would be to drop him, promote Stokes or Bairstow to open (maybe even Root given he’s done it before in the Ashes) and then get that extra bowling option in lower down.

Australia have it all sorted really. Maybe a few selection decisions to be made, but at least for them any changes will be like for like and not upset the entire balance of the side.

Scandale en le Cricquet

Exclusive de Journaliste extraordinaire Jacque Talbot

Scenes incroyable in the world of cricquet. It has come to light that the English, well known untrustworthy beef eating devils, have spiked the Indian cricquet team’s lunchtime samosas with a powerfully potent love potion, this has caused the Indian players to find the normally brutishly ugly Australians alluring in the extreme. In their state of intoxication, they have been unable to play to their usual standard and Australia are winning easily. This has created an even greater (as if that’s possible) smug arrogance in the antipodean cricquetteuers which will lead them to underestimate their pink faced malodourous opponents in the upcoming ‘Ashes’ matches.

You read it here first, thanks to your favourite gallic rapporteur Jacque Talbot!

Why is it called cricket? Any reference to the insect?

“Craic” in Old English meant Games

1 Like

Ah OK so absolutely nothing to do with the insect

Yeah, not sure about Crawley (well I am and it’s not positive), the bowling looks odds and sods and not sure why Stokes was even playing that Irish match.

They will be lucky to win one but I expect a poor few days at some point weather wise will lead to a draw.

Loving Pat Cumming’s strategy, take wickets with your foot over the line, keep it up lad! All summer…….

1 Like

The one early in Rahane’s innings, and the Green dropped catch, are unforgivable.

We’ve given India a way back into this game when we had been slowly strangling them with our foot on their throat.

It’s India. We’ve lost this match from the time roshit won the toss and didn’t have confidence enough to bat first.

Cya Warner!
Party Dancing GIF

Green made up for it with an absolute stunner.

Rahane’s resurgence in recent months has been fun to watch. Used to be a bit of a plodder even in T20, suddenly CSK and Dhoni get hold of him and turn him into an absolute gun in the latest IPL season. Hooked Cummins for 6 to get to his 50, shame he couldn’t reach a century.

https://twitter.com/vitalityblast/status/1667257722083987476?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

The Zak Crawley redemption arc is a thing we’ll eventually see. It might be too late for him to reach the batting stats in tests he could have had, but bazball England is not going to select based on batting stats anyway. I care that he gets to 35 average, they want him to keep doing what he’s doing now.

What getting out and scoring a 100 when it’s not much needed?

1 Like

No I’m thinking being the one who counterattacked the Aussies on the 8th and 9th of January 2022 in Sydney, setting us up to draw that game.
A fantastic innings that was a bazball precursor (77, 13 fours in a 100 balls)

This is the problem though.

One game does not make a player and it seems uncanny he can get a knock when he’s been bang average for weeks.

2 Likes