The Cricket Thread

That’s old style England. Pick an underachiever on the basis of one 70 odd a year and a half ago.

So just 440 to get for India.

Would be one of the greatest achievements in Test cricket history.

Don’t envy the umpires when it comes to decisions like that, though I’d tend to go in favour of the batsman.

One of those for Australian fan it’s clean, for an Indian fan the grass has aided, and for the neutral a toss of the coin.

FYI the disease called cancer is not an infestation of little crabs nipping at you from the inside.

Two terrible shots by two very experienced batsmen and India need a two hundred plus partnership now.

Ya right and the next thing you be telling me that the half man half horse creature is just a myth.

The faintest of glimmers for India.

Kohli looking good, but these two need big centuries. Still 95% Australia.

1 Like

Even if it is, at least Santa and the Easter Bunny are both real

IF India get to lunch losing only 1, it will be brilliant.

India dying slowly.

Three of the wickets were bad shots, one a good ball, and one wasn’t out.

Another bad shot sees the end of India’s last hope.

Made me laugh that once they went 6 down, the graphic changed from “India need X to win” to “Aus need X wickets to win”

Out reverse sweeping to backward point, Geoff Boycott would LOVE that.

You both missed the point of my post.
Whether or not we see that innings in Sydney as deserving or guiding a new ‘way’, Stokes and McCullum probably did and the psychological benefits of giving Crawley a long run in the team are less for our consumption. They want the style of that innings which put your lads on the back foot to be possible mentally for as many of the batters as can manage it. Crawley being one of them.

If England have lost one or two wickets and it’s 34-2 you’ll be pretty sure one is Crawley.

I just don’t think he’s very good and one swallow does not make a summer.

1 Like

But perhaps the most staggering statistic is that since Head made his Test debut against Pakistan in October 2018, Australia has not won a match without him in the starting XI.

Ansel Elgort What GIF by November Criminals

Knowing how much he’s been in and out of the side, that is truly shocking. Question marks on the Aussie selectors

bored clap GIF by FOXTRAX

Congratulations to Australia

There’s various pods on the BBC Sounds app about the Ashes. Listening to Blowers commentating on Broad’s stunning morning in 2015 is a joy.

Jim Maxwell “If you’re just switching on in Australia, switch off and goto the pub”

:joy::joy::joy:

Love the ‘when I was a boy’ moments for English cricket fans. I guess it’s been such seriously fucking lean pickings for Poms in the red ball format that you do need to hark back to a decade old series.

But at least you know how to show Ireland and Bangladesh who’s boss. Shit, not even.

Funny you know, I started following cricket when I started work in the early 90s. I think of Australia like I think of United only in a far more light hearted manner. I actively dislike United whereas I love the banter with the Aussies.

Cheating bastards.

Roll on Friday, booked the day off, can’t wait.