The Cricket Thread

This is where the game starts. Or stops! Its all on you, Head! He has a avg of 49 when chasing, which is something.

Aus will be more than happy with that Boland cameo.

Crunch time now. Can’t let Head or Green get away.

1 Like

The only reason I support the license fee for the BBC is TMS. If that went, I’d have to get divorced as I’d stop paying it and Mrs is addicted to Eastenders.

TV coverage will never be FTA here again I suspect. Too much lovely money from Sky.

Was just about to lament Stokes bringing Mo on before himself. :zipper_mouth_face:

I was about to turn it off :joy:

76-2 in 29 overs. Tea.

For some reason I thought this had one more day left to run and so with that realization this isnt looking quite so daunting for England now. Does anyone think this Aussie side has 100 runs in 1 session in them, especially with this many wickets down and a relatively long tail?

For all the talk of the Foakes vs Baristow decision, telling that Stokes hasnt bowled a single over this innings and only managed a small number in the first innings. I wonder if that is influencing that other decision - we need another bowler to accommodate his lack of overs, and that means we cannot afford Baristow and a WK

Even how extremely sluggish we have been this afternoon, we are still scoring at 3.1 RPO which would get us over the line with min. 37 overs remaining. Throw that into the fact that our tail without doubt will have a higher strike rate than the players have been batting at, a draw is almost out of the equation now.

Either we lose a few quickly at the start of this next session and lose the match or we continue to hit singles around which if I’m honest would be a lovely way to beat a team content with bashing the ball around.

Would be amazed if Khawaja, Green or Carey are still in and Australia haven’t got the runs. Can’t see that being the case. They are huge favourites at this point with tiring bowlers and a lifeless pitch.

1 Like

No Moeen, no Stokes (and if not now then when Ben?)
Easiest 250+ run chase ever, maybe?

1 Like

If only England had a top class spinner

1 Like

What a night to play 5 a side….

Rooooooooooooot

1 Like

Deserved wicket for Root, has bowled beautifully.

I think this is Australia’s now.

1 Like

Ben being a pretend all-rounder did not help. Nor Moin’s finger or him leaking runs

Set the alarm for 3am just in case game still on. Needed 50 when I put the tv on perfect timing. What a game.

Well played from big Pat.

Well I don’t think anyone would have predicted that result when Usman chopped it onto his stumps. Great to flip the script in England for once.

1 Like

I predicted it repeatedly