The Cricket Thread

No problem on the conversation going to the Indian cricketers.

But Australian cricketers are the ones with the quotes on “playing hard but fair” , “line in the sand” etc etc.

If we lose this then it’s fair to say it will be that incident that has done it. Stokes looks super angry.

1 Like

We are Aussies: do as I say, not as I do. I mean, did you actually believe that with David Warner on the team?

I don’t think Broad is very happy either…but Warner backed off when he turned round to him…walking off the pitch…

The problem is that they do the switcheroo to playing the victim when someone on the opponent team retaliates.

They decide what’s acceptable behavior and what’s not. Who exactly allowed them to be the arbitrators of on field cricketing behaviour ?

Eh, all teams have those kind of characters in them who like a bit of needle and thrive in situations like this. The England team that dominated world cricket had the likes of KP, Swann, Anderson and Broad in it, not always the most likeable of blokes on the field themselves.

I wonder if Broad was always set to come in ahead of Robinson, or if he was pushed out the door because of what had just occurred. Get him out there on the wind up and to ruffle a few feathers.

1 Like

Could be…

Warner’s default position to Broad should always be to tuck his tail between his legs and run away given how many times he’s sent him back to the pavilion.

Contrary to what some have said, Stokes looks cool as a cucumber to me. Treating the bowling with disdain yes, but he’s hardly got involved in any of the unpleasantries.

I think the smiles and the 4’s and 6’s are the temper being controlled…looks cool but if he could smash em every ball, I think he would…

1 Like

Broad came in before Robinson in the first innings. Not sure why, Robinson is the better batter.

1 Like

He’s internalized this. He’s absolutely fuming but there’s no way he’s going to let that show now.

2 Likes

Ah that’s right ball tamperer Broad.

The bravery of Stokes to keep backing himself to clear the boundary with everybody back on the rope it’s something to behold.

Did Smith use sandpaper at some time…and was banned…why is he even playing

1 Like

Even if we lose this test…what a wonderful innings from Stokes…bring on Headingley​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Last time I checked it was Bancroft with the sandpaper

1 Like
1 Like

And Atherton and Broad and the South African dude and was it Kohli.

Good cricket now to be fair. Pitch it up ffs

Praps wants too cry about his catching at the moment…whiney git…

1 Like

England have the time here to not take wreckless shots. Lets hope Stokes doesnt pop one up chasing these 6’s

1 Like