The Cricket Thread

Good on you. I am very much where you are, my neighbor is 21 and wanting to play so we found a team, season is over but started net sessions in May and have had two a week since. I’m now the one, at 41 years old, kicking kids half my age to get into the nets with me. First time since 2015, cannot wait for September when the season starts.

1 Like

How the mighty has fallen :slightly_frowning_face:

It’s a sporting tragedy. Especially for those of us who watched them in the seventies and eighties.
It’s great that teams like Scotland and Ireland are improving, but I miss the West Indies.

4 Likes

Great theatre, noise and atmosphere in the newly named selected morality hypocrisy Stand.

Time to let it go I think, your first 6 moans got the message over. Enjoy the cricket

1 Like

For an Aussie this is probably the most relaxed I have ever felt watching an Ashes game. I guess that comes with being 2-0 up.

For the batsmen, they just need to see through this first spell. Wood’s body will probably break down before the end of this first session, so we just need to bide our time.

Great to see Wood running in. Can’t see him bowling more than 4 or 5 overs though.

1 Like

14 extras in the opening 11 overs - 8 of which have been short balls beating Bairstow and running to the boundry :joy:

Touché but not a moan.

I’m enjoying it.

The cricketing, and podgier, equivalent of T-Rex Arms.

Beautiful from Wood, finally got the length right.

What a sight to see him bowling like this.

1 Like

Good luck playing that

Yeah, superb ball. Now we just need Smith and it’s 1-2.

Lovely from Woakes. Should have played every test.

1 Like

Glad Ben Foakes isn’t playing, wouldn’t want them getting caught, these games would be over too quickly.

2 Likes

Good lord he is Australia’s gift.

https://www.gg.gov.au/australian-honours-and-awardsorder-australia/nominate-someone-order-australia

The crier trying to cheat again.

1 Like

No idea why he reviewed it.

Four down at lunch incl Smith is a very good morning for England.

Entertainment Juggling GIF by The Ed Sullivan Show

girl fail GIF by Salon Line

Fuck you guys are terrible at fielding.

Fucking cheat Stokes. Trying to pretend that wasn’t a four. Why isnt he just signalling to the umpire that it was a four?

Fucking cheat.

EDIT: Horrible horrible cheat.