The Cricket Thread

Pretty lacklustre bowling since the Smith wicket.

1 Like

And fielding

Fucking terrible call for a run! :joy: :joy:

Oh another lovely Ashes day. The Bison cunting England bowlers to all corners. I hope he can keep focused here and claw this game back in our favour. We need him to stick around and pile on the runs.

Root not in control of his body. Not out. Walk back to the crease Trav.

GK not in control of his keyboard. Out. Into the doghouse.

1 Like

Wood’s spell 5 fer :clap:

2 Likes

Well, that was sensational from Wood. Aussies were visibly terrified of that pace.

Very good from Woakes too

1 Like

And Woods has a Michelle

If only they had Wood ready and available for the first test. Unbelievable effort from him today.

2 Likes

And Woakes. Woakes bowled better today than Robinson or Anderson have in any spell so far this series.

1 Like

Crawley…first few overs, if a 6 or a 4 is not on…tap n run…tap n run…

Oh heck…Brookie watch your head…these Aussies may well try and aim the ball at your head, to try and un nerve u…hold your ground …tap n run…till your confidence grows…

Will be interesting to see how Brook goes at 3 for the rest of the series. His record there for Yorkshire was pretty poor when he first came into their team. Moved down the order and became the best batter on the county circuit by an absolute mile.

Carey proving time and time again why you pick your best wicket keeper, you cannot afford to offer him a sniff of a catch.

1 Like

Brookie goes for 3…oh heck…

Seems a bit silly based on what was said a few posts back, why isn’t Bairstow going further up say.

1 Like

Wonder if Bairstow is next…to partner Root…that’s if Crawley goes first…I would say obvious…but that might be condescending to some…sorry if it sounds that way…

I’d have Foakes in for Ali. Ali doesn’t offer much more than Root with the ball, and Foakes offers so much more than Bairstow with the gloves.

Root and Crawley going fairly well here (…).

1 Like

Crawley - always looking good until he isnt.

About even at the moment.

2 Likes

Fractional advantage to England I think.