The Cricket Thread

I’d say slight advantage England. Top day none the less. What a series.

They better win or the press will do the most sudden uturn from savaging the Aussies to unloading on the Poms. It will make the Euro match v Iceland look like constructive feedback.

Disagree. England are still 200 behind with only 7 wickets left. A lot rests on the shoulders of the two Yorkshiremen at the crease.
The ball’s moving around and England could easily be all out for under 200.
I’d say the Aussies slightly ahead, but it’s been a whirlwind match so far.

I’d agree with that. Having the runs on the board just breaks the tie, and England can’t assume one of the English batters will deliver the equivalent of a Bison Special. Having said that, Root yesterday looked like he was about to switch to HAM-mode, unfortunately. Sort of had that Smith-Lords aggro going on.

It’s a bit hard to predict how much tomorrow’s weather will ruin play. This morning Met was showing only an hour or two being rainy, but now its looking like all 3 sessions. Monday has consistently been forecast as a washout so that’s likely going to be the case. Luckily the runs for both first innings have come at quite a clip so there is still a reasonable chance we get a result.

Would absolutely take a draw as an Australian though and lock in the Ashes being retained.

2 balls in this morning and that’s gone :man_facepalming: :sweat_smile:

Can we start today again please? Wood bowling by lunch would be horrible.

2 Likes

Oh dear, terrible start.

Are we gonna predict? 156 all out

Abysmal from Bairstow.

We’ll be lucky to get 150

Can’t even get runs to justify his place.

1 Like

Australia definitely ahead now. These two need a 100 partnership to even get to parity.
I’d love to be wrong, but Ali doesn’t fill me with confidence.
If Sokes goes England are toast.

If England can bat for the rest of the day ( lols ) we might have a little bit of a total.

Just the 152 behind at the moment

No sign of Bazball with England’s back to the wall.

Stokes looks in trouble.

Ali brainfart.

Wood and Stokes to open Aus all out for 68.
yeah right whatever GIF

He’ll hit 150 second innings just to keep the selectors tantalised.

1 Like

We just have to bowl Australia out for 50 in second innings.

Easy peasy

You think they’ll get that many?

#optimistic

142-7 at lunch.

Those 4 x dropped catches yesterday really showing.

I’ll admit I was wrong, this will be a white wash.

I can’t wait until the penny drops and England start playing the situation again.
Bairstow, Ali and Woakes threw their wickets away when the side desperately needed calm heads.
These aren’t young kids, they are very experienced players who should know better. It’s really painful to watch.

Isn’t that Bazball?

Watch Stokes go into overdrive now and give us a 5 run lead.