The Cricket Thread

Been shopping…rushed home to watch the cricket…could’ve shopped longer…what happened to the mantra of …tap n run…geez

Stokes…calm down a bit now…

I’m starting to think this cunt is the best pommy All Rounder ever. Some player.

Except as usual with England teams, their best players are imports :wink: :joy:

One of the pretty clear problems is there seem to be massively different interpretations of what this term means.

Was it Lyons in the first test who came in at a point in the run chase when it looked like England had wrestled a slight lead and then wacked a couple of boundaries in succession. All of a sudden the balance between runs left to play with vs wickets needed changed and that normally alters how aggressive you can be with your fields. That to me is the textbook illustration of the value of one interpretation of Bazball - runs on the board change the dynamic so be aggressive you will control those dynamics.

Our players just seem to think it means taking swings at everything

I said overdrive, not superhuman.

Fully fit Botham, Flintoff or Stokes?

Don’t say Kallis.

Kallis was the pick….:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bazball is dead.

Benball is the new thing.
It’s a tactic where the whole team throw their wickets away and Stokes comes in and hits a load of sixes.
In the end England lose as usual.

4 Likes

Australia had a collapse. England had a collapse. Is it just bad batting?

Or a good bowling pitch.

1 Like

FFS it is time that the football starts again when cricket is the most busy topic here …

Captain let down by his fellow batsmen, a familiar tale in English cricket over the past 5 or so years.

The majority of England’s batsmen played bad shots.
Australia’s collapse was basically the tail not handling Wood’s pace.

England in trouble here with only four bowlers, one of which is Ali and Wood can’t bowl long spells.

Congratulations to The Netherlands for their world cup qualification.

99% of The Netherland don’t even know let alone that they care.

Naughty, naughty. Don’t worry, I will keep you updated on regular basis. :blush:

I’m not Dutch and even I remember Baz Zuiderant (spelling?)

In your humble opinion.

Good for you, I have no idea or interest in who he is … :beer:

Made us look stupid in an ODI many years ago.