The Cricket Thread

Just ignore the thread if you dont like the sport. No point slagging the sport off in this thread during the biggest cricket occasion on the calendar.

2 Likes

Not that we Aussies really care because we have enough to smile about right now, but this thread, and in fact everywhere, whether its BBC HYS, or Cricinfo, has Poms basically saying how awesome the English are for the positive things, then when Australia is on top, it’s never that Australia has dominated but that England brought it on themselves: “oh we didn’t bowl well, oh too many extras, oh dropped too many catches”. There’s absolutely no credit given here. I mean Marsh had the best most accomplished batting innings of either team in this entire series - quite a feat given Stokes’ innings just the match before, but supposedly it’s just poor bowling, which somehow with a click of the fingers turns into incredible bowling when they smash through the Aussie tail an hour later.

Wood has been fantastic. A breath of fresh air for this England bowling. Marsh made even his bowling look normal.

1 Like

Ten Doeschate made quite a name for himself in the counties as well

1 Like

One of the last death knells for windies though. Maybe if they play under their individual countries , some players might actually give a shit.

https://theprint.in/theprint-essential/how-the-once-world-beating-west-indies-is-now-an-odi-team-that-cant-even-qualify-for-the-world-cup/1655408/

Marsh played fantastically, hats off to him, but Ifti was asking about the collapses.
Surely you’d be livid if the Aussie batsmen had played the shots that England’s did.
Do you dispute that the Australian collapse was the lower order failing to cope with Wood’s pace? Starc and Cummins are very decent batters normally.

I’ve been in Australia when a test series is on and don’t you think the Aussie media are the same?

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, why would have I not thought off that …

You’re welcome.

Suspect many a reason, but i’ll leave you to work that out.

1 Like

That just makes it even more of an impressive achievement.

Some right misery asses on this forum of late

3 Likes

At least I have always been like that.

1 Like

Now Aussie batsmen are throwing their wickets away.

Australia :laughing:

The pitch is pretty lively though :blush:

In fairness, it’s true. No idea what they were thinking.
It certainly wasn’t anything to do with the brilliance of Ali.

Big two wickets there. Last three taken for 22 runs. Sounds like Ali’s been much better today with his bowling.

Hopefully see at least another fall before the end of days play.

Not sure if I’m ‘allowed’ :scream: to post it here

during the biggest cricket occasion on the calendar

but I think and the Rugby players too that it was funny.

Have a good cricket day … :+1:

https://twitter.com/SkyCricket/status/1677277718340153344?s=20

1 Like

Rain delay isn’t bad for England. Gives the bowlers a bit of extra rest, especially Wood.

It’s all advantage Australia though, runs on the board and well ahead in the series.

This is due to the fact that they are the better team with better players and a more balanced side. They are winning because they deserve to. Even Joe Root would struggle to get into their team.
Ok @JU97ICE?

The Muppets Laughing GIF

While we wait, what about a trip down memory lane…

Whilst it was a shithouse move, it was within the rules (the lawa weren’t changed until after the incident) and Greg Chappell also told the batsman and the umpire of his intention for Greg to bowl that delivery underarm - which at the time was the law.

1 Like