The Cricket Thread

And Woakes

2 Likes

If Stokes was able to bowl without restrictions I reckon we’re already 3-0 up.

1 Like

If Bairstow had been able to catch we may have been :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Anderson three months ago was the number one ranked bowler in the world. He’s been mediocre in this series but I wouldn’t be writing him off completely yet.

England will be fine without Broad. Woakes is a superior cricketer at this point, Robinson for the most part has been fantastic. Tounge is really good and I still have high hopes that Jamie Overton could develop into a seriously good test match level player.

1 Like

You’re being unfair to him Matt.

Didn’t you know that he has umpteen hundred pins, wires and bolts connecting his leg to his shoulder that allows him to continue to hold his head upright!

Show a little respect man :wink:

Never met anybody who follows county cricket let alone watches it.

As for me, captain today in sunny Wigan. I see a few overs coming on and batting at 6. And maybe a pint or 5. Before the game :wink:

Go on Broady, smack a 6 first ball and take a 5 for. Amazed he’s gone before Jimmy though.

2 Likes

England is going to win the series.

I wouldn’t even be confident if both these two tonned up. We love a good middle order collapse. Still anyone’s game. If England get a quick wicket soonish and Stokes backs his bowlers with super aggressive field placements, like we know he will, then it’s on, and we’ll see who cracks from the pressure first.

Looks like this rain will stay until the end of play. Which is great for Aus. Nothing I wanted less than to come back out under dark sky at the end of the day.

Tomorrow’s overheads look great for batting. No excuses Aus.

I’ll take a draw against the best team in the world. Need to seriously up our game when we next go down under. 2 new pace bowlers and a spinner for starters.

1 Like

I actually am looking forward to the next ashes series in Aus.

Aus with likely see a number of new players both from the batting and bowling lineup, so can we get the team put together and playing well as a unit. England will have a new bowling attack, but majority of the batting lineup would still be in the first XI and playing bazball on Australian pitches could actually be brilliant to watch England getting dismissed by lunch on day 1 for 650? That would be something to see :rofl:

1 Like

Not sure why he reviewed that it was plum it he didn’t hit it and surely he would know?

No Way Bird GIF

3 down, I’ve got wood :slight_smile: Should be working, going to finish this email and goto the pub after lunch :slight_smile:

Australia really shouldn’t bow down to Warner’s demand of retiring when he wants. He doesn’t have that right. He’s not in the form to dictate such a thing. Australia really should be bringing in his replacement in this home series rather than throw a new opener to the wolves in an away series. If they absolutely must give Warner his SCG leaving do, then bring him in for that test only.

It will be interesting to see if Uzzie can stick around until the next Ashes. Still looks a fine opener- highest average for an opener (with 1000+ runs) ever. I hope that train doesn’t slow down.

1 Like

Jim Maxwell on TMS this morning, I’m paraphrasing. “Australia have no allegiance to players, they don’t pick mates / on sentimentality. Ian Healy was dropped after 99 tests, England wouldn’t have done that. They play Anderson when he should be nowhere near the squad, there’s your difference”

Well said.

3 Likes

Just another controversy….surely we’ve had enough.

Give up

Herschelle Gibbs all over again

That was a big mistake from Stokes. Dont think he was in control there.

1 Like