The Cricket Thread

Babar having a great innings,he’s on 112 off 112 balls,Pakistan 226-2 after almost 40 overs.

Agree about Zimbabwe. I’m also very surprised and happy that countries like Syria, Iraq, Yemen are maintaining a good standard in football given the mess they are in.

About Afghanistan, I guess the Cricket is least of the worries considering what their future might become.

1 Like

A five wicket haul for Carse. Think he’s done pretty well in all three games, shame we probably won’t see him again for a little while once all the regulars come back into the fold.

Looks like a great pitch to bat on but it will take some effort to get those runs. Will need a big innings from either Malan or Stokes you’d think.

1 Like

Hell of an innings from Livingstone. Shame a few of the top order couldn’t stick around with him, even with a huge total to chase like this a few of them could have given themselves a bit more time. Hard for the lower order to score quick enough.

1 Like

No idea what’s happening, but this is very sad news

Stokes’ absence definitely leaves a massive hole in an already weak batting line up. Bairstow getting yet another go is a bit laughable. Surprised Crawley kept his spot ahead of Hameed as well given his absolutely awful run of scores, though so far he’s looked ok. On paper I’d say India have a far stronger batting line up whilst the bowling attacks are pretty even.

Love watching Bumrah bowl. Such a good player across all formats.

Bairstow played pretty well there, barely troubled but then gets out and fails to make a telling contribution again.

Sibley & Burns have to be the worst opening partnership is a long time. Not only in ability but intent!

Crawley has something about him. Let him and Hameed have a go.

Roots is digging in. :clap:

digging into leftover sandwiches from the tea break.

I am old school. Bating in tests needs basic technique. Even Botham and Pietersen had it.

Most of our team do not.

India do.

3 Likes

Another shambolic batting collapse, it’s become the expected thing from this England team. Unfortunately it’s hard to see how it improves in the near future either with few players on the country circuit looking much better than the average players they keep going back to now.

Oh what I’d give to go back to the days of Strauss, Cook, Trott, Pietersen, Bell, Collingwood and Prior.

Embarrassing display

But the pitch looks yummy. Would be some exciting cricket.

Not a below 200 batting first pitch though.

1 Like

Are The Ashes still on?

I’d cancel if I were the ECB…

2 Likes

Cancel now!

just pull out season 1 GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

England collapse, in other news the sun came up this morning.

No way.

I’m doing a Glen McGrath and calling it a 5-0 now :joy:

2 Likes

I hate the fact that England have prioritised the short form of the game to such an extent that the test team is now among the also-rans.
I don’t give a toss about T20, I want win the Ashes, but this bunch will be pulverised in Australia.

1 Like

Is it England or is it just the players. If I was a 16 year old with test cricket potential and looked at the way the game had developed over the past few years, I’d definitely have concentrated on the shorter forms of the games, to the degree they diverge, and the traits need to excel at it.