The Cricket Thread

Completely forgot about the cricket today but wow, that’s a hell of a performance from Pakistan. A ten wicket win against the massive favourites, a team I think I’m right in saying they had never beaten before at a World Cup?

1 Like

I was wondering how favoured India where bit of a shocker really.

Lucky they are in a group that should be easy to get out.

3 Likes

Scotland vs Afghanistan today

I wonder how many of the Afghan players are going to be returning home after this tournament?

1 Like
1 Like

Great news!
England still underdogs, but no longer a foregone conclusion.

Scotland got crushed

Yeah all of us did as well… after the game :rofl:

Brilliant news from an Aussie. Don’t want any excuses from them after their humbling.

1 Like

Seems like De Kock has refused to play for South Africa today because of the boards required stance on BLM. Big blow for them.

Pretty indifferent start from WI again. One opener really struggling to connect with the ball, the other hitting some big 6s on his way to a 50.

West Indies stuttered to 143 off 20 overs in the end. 144 is certainly defendable though.

Another great win for Pakistan, should absolutely cruise through the rest of this group now and top it.

I can see that second group throwing up a surprise.

Bangladesh opting to bat :face_with_monocle: . Interesting choice. The gamble to use Moeen in the power play is working well again for England, both openers sent back already.

Impressive bowling performance from England. One poor over from Rashid aside at the end, otherwise I think Morgan got his tactics spot on again.

1 Like

Another routine win, this Scotland game is a toss up currently but Namibia are favourites.

Another crap performance by the West Indies so far, the much talked about batting line up falling flat again.

Laughable last over fielding from WI, done well to get over the line there though. Bit of a choke from Bangladesh who seem to have no power hitters at all in their side.

2 Likes

Hell of a game this. Pakistan should still win but some brainless play by two of their most experienced players.

Christopher Woakes :heart_eyes:

England have been exceptional bowling in the power play so far this tournament, which is in stark contrast to how they had been performing in it for a number of years leading up to the tournament. In a brilliant position now with the Aussies 53-5 after 13.

Excellent bowling performance from England, bar Mills who was a bit off it. 126 to win, should be a breeze but you never know against this attack.

Jos Buttler smashing Australia to bits, you love to see it.

1 Like