The Cricket Thread

Australia are being marmalised.

Buttler is going to hit one into my garden in a minute :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Nearly there

@aussielad @JU97ICE Wouldn’t worry about watching any sporting highlights today lads

1 Like

Done and dusted…

So desperate for positives after today’s LFC performance that I’m going to celebrate a win at silly cricket :roll_eyes:

Forgot about this in my anger I knew there was something else at 3pm, anyhow looks like England battered them.

And now?

Unfortunately, it doesn’t end there. People are being arrested for supporting Pakistan.

NZ thrash India.

Kiwi fans in Delhi better keep quiet.

India are basically out, aren’t they?

1 Like

Apparently they’re being arrested on the basis of “anti-terrorism and sedition”. Yup, sounds like a normal functioning democracy and not authorianism at all.

1 Like

Felt group B might throw a surprise or two.

34 for 2 after 5 overs, Roy and Malan back in the hutch. This is a much better test for England, batting first in Sharjah against Sri Lanka.

Bairstow’s gone first ball now too so 34 for 3. Morgan and Buttler at the crease. This could be a useful challenge for England today.

Gotta say, I never like how Morgan starts his innings in these situations. It’s always much too conservative. If he’s not going to hit the boundaries he should at least be looking to take singles but often he plays himself in. That’s fine if he then explodes but more often than not it just leaves him 10-20 having used up too many deliveries. He’s done it in the IPL too.

He’s in absolutely woeful form, wouldn’t be against England putting Moeen and Livingstone above him in the order now and seeing if he’s any more successful at finishing off an innings (if needed).

If he wasn’t such a good captain I’d have binned him ages ago. He’s also fortunate that Stokes is currently injured and the others around him have been scoring as there’s not much pressure on his place at the moment.

Whatever happens for England at this tournament I’m pretty sure he’ll be done after it. England have far too many quality white ball players now to be carrying him. They also have a number of good captaincy candidates. Buttler has done well with the opportunities he’s had to captain. Moeen has been very successful domestically though age probably works against him. I can’t help but feel watching this that if Root was there, he wouldn’t currently be 6 off of 15 balls. With him it seems to be a case of wanting to manage his workload though, and would probably also mean you have to do away with Malan in the side.

1 Like

If everyone was fit and available Root and Stokes would both be in the side for me, with Morgan and Bairstow missing out. I think our bowling outfit is pretty much what I’d want though. It’s well balanced and Stokes would only add to that.

My money’s on Morgan getting out in the next few balls having used up loads of balls with a strike rate below 0.50.

Surely Morgan has to launch this over, can’t keep chewing up this many deliveries with Moeen and Livingstone still to come.

Ok, they’ve started to take off. About time. 105 for 3 after 15 now. Buttler moves to 63 off 49. Morgan now on 22 off 26.