The Cricket Thread

Decent score from Morgan in the end. Think SL missed a trick by leaving this Hasaranga over this late though, both batsman were struggling to get the spin away and the introduction of pace allowed them both to start hitting some long balls. 149-4 going into the last over, whatever England get from here will be a very good score on this pitch.

Cmon Buttler.

Boom, what a player.

2 Likes

What a cracker. 6 off the last. 101 off 67 balls for Buttler.

Sri Lanka have been served.

163 for 4 in the end. That’s too much I think.

1 Like

England were 47 for 3 after 10 overs. 116 off the final 10 for just the loss of Morgan is sensational.

1 Like

Up there with the best T20 innings you’ll see considering the pitch and situation they were in at that halfway point.

First English player to get an international century in each of the three formats as well.

2 Likes

corrected it for you mate, Heather Knight’s already done it for the women’s side.

This partnership has made it interesting, as well as the injury to Mills. A death bowler down and those overs have to be found from the spinners.

Will be a big blow for England if Mills is out of the tournament. Wood can replace the pace but is not as economical, Willey can replace the angle but isn’t the best at bowling outside of the initial power play. Still, hopefully it’s anybody but Tom Curran.

1 Like

The importance of fielding

Par for the course. Play shit cricket when you are supposedly to be one of the teams to watch for the tournament.

Plus absolutely love seeing Kohli going out of captaincy on a low , Hopefully they take out his test captaincy as well.

1 Like

Are India out though? They’ve played the two difficult teams of the group. They might have mentally checked out already, but I am still holding out hope of the delicious possibility of England taking out South Africa for us, India winning their remaining matches, and for the semis to be England-India and Australia-Pakistan.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

Actually tbf, NZ are probably going to provide stiffer competition to England than India on current form.

Scotland did brilliantly well to get as close as they did to New Zealand’s total today.

Set 173 to win they finished on 156 for 5.

Good win for Australia, puts them above SA on NRR.

West Indies need a nutritionist.

4 Likes

After the situation with Ollie Parkinson and the fact that it’s far harder to distance themselves with time I think this is acceptable.

1 Like

ECB have said that Ballance will not be selected for England going forward. That seems a bit redundant given he hasn’t been picked for England since 2017.

However, if what I heard about the other players potentially being implicated…this has really set the ECB’s position.

It’s good to see them being strong on this. If Root or Bairstow were implicated I wonder if they’d have taken the same stance mind. Have they seen the full report now without redactions?

The ECB were supposed to have seen it, yes.

The ECB have now suspended Yorkshire from hosting International matches and other major games.